• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ruins on fire?

As I said on Facebook... Do towers ever manage to end a season without setting something on fire? xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

The fire was purely minor and nothing in the tower was destroyed so far as been said. I don't believe Cloud Cuckoo Land or Hex were greatly affected but it's a shame the security operations were poor, it's hard to hear someone say about a historical building with a small section on fire "Nothing to see here". I still want to understand how a firework can misfire that badly!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

According to Alton's Twitter, there was no fire....! Do they think people don't see the news or something?!

Alton Towers ‏@altontowers
@markzachrimmer don't worry there was no fire.

Wooooaaahhh the ruins are on fiiiire.

Sorry that's been in my head for far too long!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Re: Re: Ruins on fire?

Rowe said:
The fire was purely minor and nothing in the tower was destroyed so far as been said. I don't believe Cloud Cuckoo Land or Hex were greatly affected but it's a shame the security operations were poor, it's hard to hear someone say about a historical building with a small section on fire "Nothing to see here". I still want to understand how a firework can misfire that badly!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

I doubt anything misfired, it would merely have been some burning embers (probably part of one of the shells) that drifted out to CCL and unfortunately caused some issues. If there was any fire then it would have been very small and even so, the fallout zone would have been marked out and free of people to prevent any injuries in situations like this; which can always happen with fireworks.

There was a larger-than-anticipated explosion last night when something close to the lake blew up - I suspect it was something to do with the fireworks inside it not launching and just going off in the box. The ground close to said box did catch on fire, but it seemed to be put out relatively quickly after the show had finished, and this box it wasn't anywhere near where the fire was, so I doubt that the two are linked.

resort in Alton, Staffordshire, which attracts hundreds to its annual fireworks event each year.

Nice one Sky Newbs, only you would do that you cheeky devils. ::)