• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Runaway Mine Train: General Discussion

I didn’t actually notice that, what I did consider is I think I could actually wriggle out myself if I so wished with the bar locked as the gap between my leg and the bar when pushed up is considerable. For a kid it would be no issue to get free.

Ideally the restraints need changing. No chance in a month of Sunday’s Merlin will do that to an existing ride. They won’t even change the badly needed sub terra ones.
I only noticed it because i saw the brown and some rivets inside and didn't think it looked right and checked later, here is a screenshot of theme park world wides march 2024 vlog with the modification (it was the best picture I could get at 5:54):

1713133295177.png

I rode this today for the first time this season, I noticed the new side bits to the train, I can only guess someone probably stuck their leg out or something so this is to stop that?

Also the new exit gate is great, it’s also been designed well, the host on the offload can actually unlock it without having to leave their little hut, and it seems to be a maglock so the host doesn’t need to go and lock it either. It’s rare something at towers is actually designed well, so that’s good to see!

I notice there are quite a few new signs around and loads of cctv cameras on the platform as well this season.

4) Queue is now shorter generally as little kids can no longer go on it. Shame….

Don't know if that's true if you're only basing it on yesterday when the park was generally the quietest it has been all Easter.

When we went a few weekends back it had 60+ minute queues most of the day, though of course part of that was the generally terrible availability throughout the park.

It's still only 1.1m accompanied so on average anyone over 5 can ride it which likely isn't having a major impact on its popularity.

Don't know if that's true if you're only basing it on yesterday when the park was generally the quietest it has been all Easter.

When we went a few weekends back it had 60+ minute queues most of the day, though of course part of that was the generally terrible availability throughout the park.

It's still only 1.1m accompanied so on average anyone over 5 can ride it which likely isn't having a major impact on its popularity.
I think it would have a reasonable impact on how many people ride it to be honest. Difficult to say generally as it usually sits around the 40 minute mark on Sundays in general.