• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

S&S El Loco for Circus Circus Las Vegas?

Adventuredome on Facebook said:
EL LOCO MILESTONE! The last piece of bright yellow track was installed! The piece completes an inverted drop into the loading zone. Are you ready? #ElLocoIsComing

993748_376525422490844_1709777100_n.jpg

Wait, am I misinterpreting that statement or is this coaster actually now called El Loco? Ah well, I'm looking forward to seeing it test in any case.

10 to 1 it'll stall on that long, inverted section at some point in its life. It looks horribly slow!

Ian said:
10 to 1 it'll stall on that long, inverted section at some point in its life. It looks horribly slow!

As long as that section's a down-ramp, there's really no reason why it should.

I must admit that I am actually quite looking forward to this. I actually quite like the standard El Loco layout, so riding a custom layout that has been shoe horned into the Adventuredome, with an board sound system and lap bars is most interesting to me and one of the things I am looking forward to on our trip.

Re: S&S El Loco for Circus Circus Las Vegas?

A bit dull after the first drop but it looks fun. Nice to see some variation in an El Loco anyway...

The Adventuredome at Circus Circus is a God awful place in my opinion. The entire building looks tired, run down and extremely outdated. When I went, areas were boarded up, arcade machines broken, dust and dirt everywhere and, depite going in summer season and entry being free, the place was dead.

I think they seriously need to close the place for a major re-furb rather than adding new attractions like El Loco into what looks like an old council leisure centre from the 1980s.

Sorry to be so negative, but I was so annoyed that I wasted 2 hours of my Vegas holiday in this dump. It'll need much more than an S&S El Loco to get me back there. On the plus side, alot of the staff were friendly!

Sorry for the bump in this topic, but thought I would share my views on the ride after I rode it last Thursday.

If you ever get to ride this, forget about Mumbo Jumbo at Flamingoland, this is completely different.

The lap bars are great and allow complete upper body movement, however, the hang time on this ride is crazy and although perfectly safe, the lap bars do give an edge of impending doom during the hang moments.

The first drop does not have any brakes like mumbo does, so you just fly down the drop with huge amounts of airtime.

Its a decent ride for what it is and nice to see some variations to the standard model.