• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Saturday, 25th March 2023 - a disastrous day

Gosh. What an experience. I am really saddened to hear you hit what should have been a once-a-season day. My concerns lie in that this day was 7 days after the park opened, and also that I know it’s not a rare occurrence anymore…

Your friends must have been quite angry, and understandably so.

I managed one coaster last weekend. Much as it was nice to catch up with people and enjoy the new Gloomy Wood area - and tbf I did get to ride Alton Manor twice - that's not really enough to justify a £50 fuel bill.
Unfortunately I was not so lucky. I got to the air gates of Oblivion and it broke down (full ride shut down).

I was genuinely embarrassed to go to work on Monday morning to announce I hadn’t managed to ride a single rollercoaster in the entire day, and had to explain the morning wait for Alton Manor along with the breakdown!

What is it with Merlin parks and not being ready for the start of the season? There are rides at Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and Chessington that have not been able to open at the start of the season. When this happens, break downs on other rides become even more noticeable. And with Alton Towers having Nemesis down all season, they really cannot afford this.

Sounds like a truly awful day.