• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2016

So went to Scarefest today it was heaving which was good to see(although not much fun queuing).
It was awesome to get on some of the rides in the dark, I wish towers would open later on normal days(especially weekends),I think the demand would be there.
As for the mazes I must say I was very excited about going but I'm left very disappointed
First maze skin snatchers was good at the start but seemed really short and the finale was awful, I got blinded by the light as I entered the final room and then I was outside feeling confused as to what had just happened(or what hadn't happened as the case was).
I must say the theming inside was great tho so well done for that.
Sub Species was great and by far the best although it felt very actor less compared to last year and at times felt a bit empty.
TOTT was ok but I hate holding the person in front I was struggling to hold the person in front whilst getting strangled from the person behind, I find the holding on so pointless.
I also think it would be better if the actors was physical with you.
Overall I personally think the actors don't(or didn't today) make enough physical contact with you
I hope for next year TOTT is either replaced totally or altered to be longer and allow physical contact and get rid of the conga line
Sub Species I'd love to stay and Skin Snatchers to either be replaced or be made longer with a better ending.
Overall I'd give scarefest today a 4/10 which quite saddens me as I was super excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkv

I seriously doubt the Rapids are going anywhere. It's just cost saving, no different to having CCL closed in the evening. Plus Flume was closed full stop at this stage, not just the evenings.

Been on park yesterday and today. Great atmosphere around the park. Despite Freak Show not being well received on here I thought it was decent enough. Sure not scary but freaky enough to the right audience and I liked the music and lighting, wouldn't mind it returning next year.

Sadly this event just shows what the park misses the rest of the year, entertainment!

Intresting about the Rapids there, wouldn't mind an upgrade (only an upgrade no gimmicks please) Odd things is on Friday 21st I went on the Rapids in the evening, was pretty dark. It was definetely 30mins at least after the sky ride had closed. It all looked lovely though.

Don't think it's health and safety related?

The rapids aren't going anywhere. The closure of it at dusk will be one of the following - 1. Precautions following the Australian incident, 2. An incident we probably don't know about occurred due to the ride operating in darkness last Monday and they feel they can't risk continuing dark operation, or 3. Cost saving.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Also on the 21st people kept standing up in the boats (notably travelers) this was in the dark, it must be health and safety related

It was open late at the start of Scarefest definitely. It may not be linked, but it does seem like the decision to close the Rapids before dark happened immediately after the incident at Dreamworld.