• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2018

Thank you so much

Sorry, but I've heard there's clowns and stuff around the towers, and apparently there's some stuff going on down past Spinball on the way down to X-Sector

Also, I've heard in the past that there used to be actors in the woods by the queue to 13, are they still around? (not too important, I'm not a massive fan anyway so I'll probably skip regardless)

Apologies

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry. The scarefest budget this year doesn't stretch to roaming actors. Their are some in their "screamospheres" by the enterance to galactica and in mutiny bay, but they weren't exactly enthusiastic about scaring people. And most of the actors are pretty good at avoiding people if they look like they don't want to be approached.

While it was the first weekend of scarefest and they haven't always got everything set up for then, I saw no actors round thirteen or spinball when I went last week. You might have seen reviews from previous years when there were scare zones in dark forest and x sector, but they are not here this year.

Thank you so much

Sorry, but I've heard there's clowns and stuff around the towers, and apparently there's some stuff going on down past Spinball on the way down to X-Sector

That was so much last years (and the previous few), not this year there isn't

Also, I've heard in the past that there used to be actors in the woods by the queue to 13, are they still around? (not too important, I'm not a massive fan anyway so I'll probably skip regardless)

You are talking ancient years ago when Thirteen first open, they had wraiths wondering around and the Thirteen girl in the exit line, but that all stop (as rumoured has it that someone punched the girl) , again not this year (or any foreseeable future) there won't be.

Remember, that any roaming actors are not allowed to touch you

I take it that you don't like clowns?

These guys can be seen at various places around the park, (pic taken from another site o_O)

v7r3Kd8.jpg

And the Flash Mob, they are dancers not scare actors, again can be seen at various places around the park (pic taken from another site o_O)

0v73Y3L.jpg

Yeah, Clowns tend to freak me out but the main fear is the interactions, will they approach me and do anything? Also, I've been watching videos of the dancers and they appear to try and interact with the people watching and try to get them to dance, which would be possibly the worst thing for me. I'm guessing they have training on who to avoid but is there anything I can do? Really sorry and thank you so much for all the help, it is really appreciated

TBH, the whole point of scarefest is the interaction between you and the actors. If that sort of thing freaks you out, then just maybe this event is not for you?

Having said that, most roaming actors tend to be more "entertaining" than "scary". If in doubt, just remember: they are only drama students in face paint. ;)

TBH, the whole point of scarefest is the interaction between you and the actors. If that sort of thing freaks you out, then just maybe this event is not for you

I'm going because I really want to experience stuff like Wickerman in the dark, and I do genuinely love going to AT and I wanna go every experience I get, thanks for the suggestions though, they do help :)

o_O P45 was a load of horse muck again today. :rolleyes:
Not surprised

Then again the others mazes didn’t fair much better.

:confused:

How many times should you do a maze before giving up on it as it’s eating into your valuable ride time.

Yeah, Clowns tend to freak me out but the main fear is the interactions, will they approach me and do anything? Also, I've been watching videos of the dancers and they appear to try and interact with the people watching and try to get them to dance, which would be possibly the worst thing for me. I'm guessing they have training on who to avoid but is there anything I can do? Really sorry and thank you so much for all the help, it is really appreciated

I found that if my daughter held her hand in a stop sign close to her body showing her RAP wristband they would not try to interact.
I don't know if they are told to do that or do it from street performance training.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I found that if my daughter held her hand in a stop sign close to her body showing her RAP wristband they would not try to interact.
I don't know if they are told to do that or do it from street performance training.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I did the same thing by putting my hand out in a clear stop sign as I passed with Jess (minus the RAP band) they respected our wishes.

Each visit. :D
I think of it as compensation due to all the fastrack queues being mental long during this period. :eek:

Have to agree there, our group used up some of our amassed freebie fastrack tonight and was absolutely shocked at how busy the fastrack queues were.

That Smiler fastrack / rap queue is absolutely stupid. certain it was longer than the normal queue. Oblivion mind you was walk on via fastrack both times :confused:

Thank god we’ve got the big bang for fireworks, 12pm onwards be the tent and forget about the rides :D