• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2020

Is it worth buying Fast Track for this year's Scarefest with COVID in the mix? Are the queues still going to be fairly big?
I'd wait and judge it on the day. You can only get 1-shot fastracks at the minute anyway, and I believe these are limited to The Smiler, Wicker Man, Nemesis and Spinball Whizzer, though could be wrong. They're priced at £10 a go.

I'd wait and judge it on the day. You can only get 1-shot fastracks at the minute anyway, and I believe these are limited to The Smiler, Wicker Man, Nemesis and Spinball Whizzer, though could be wrong. They're priced at £10 a go.

Thanks, that's a good idea.

Also, the front of Darkest Depths is looking amazing!

EiwPa_jXYAYjE-Z

Hopefully with the higher prices fewer people will be purchasing fastrack anyway and the main queue can keep moving quickly.

Construction update courtesy of TPWW!

The old Flume tap is back for Freak Show along with the capsule thing, which is making me nervous :p

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they won't do the slime thing in the maze. With doing the thrill mazes in past years they are relatively fast paced, therefore to require getting one person's attention, putting them in this capsule without touching them and then covering them in slime would just seem a waste of effort. Instead this capsule could be used as a jumpscare opportunity perhaps?

How is Scarefest for those with a nervous disposition? My missus is terrified of live actors and that but I'm trying to convince her to come on a trip to Towers for night rides on WM.

Also can't believe how expensive hotels are in the area - guess i'll be driving home after a full day on park which is what I wanted to avoid. Can't justify the cost really this time of year.

How is Scarefest for those with a nervous disposition? My missus is terrified of live actors and that but I'm trying to convince her to come on a trip to Towers for night rides on WM.

Also can't believe how expensive hotels are in the area - guess i'll be driving home after a full day on park which is what I wanted to avoid. Can't justify the cost really this time of year.
If you don't go in any of the scare mazes she'll be fine. The only "characters" out and about at certain times in the day are the Alton Ancestors - the dance group.

With the three-maze combi ticket, on the day do you get a separate paper ticket for each maze or one that covers all three?

This video shows the exit to Darkest Depths. The exit ramp is so long! (skip to 4:14)

Also it looks like Hex's exit has moved, does anyone know where it goes now?

Last edited:
This video shows the exit to Darkest Depths. The exit ramp is so long! (skip to 4:14)

Also it looks like Hex's exit has moved, does anyone know where it goes now?

When I went on Friday, we were walking down the side with the Towers on our left and the driving school on our right. The doors were open for ventilation so we could hear the films but they put red cloth over the doors so we couldn't see in.

That video makes the excitement even bigger.

Seeing as Project 42 is still mostly constructed (shown by the tarpaulin still being there); could we see it coming back in future years after COVID?

Also, if Darkest Depths stretches back into that Dark Forest back area and then takes a loop turn round and comes back to where it started; wouldn't this mean that it must have a really long layout? Compared to last year; it could have been extended...

Oh dear Towers... :oops:
Lays bare the passholder booking fiasco.

(Warning: contains swearing)

Last edited:

If he’s a “loyal guest” he would already be aware of how Towers / Merlin operate. They will always take on day tickets over passes 100% as it’s money, a potential new passholder too.

Just look back to fireworks the other year when Towers grossly underestimated demand and couldn’t cope along with turning people away for “safety” reasons yet these “safety” reasons disappeared if you used your mobile to book a full price ticket...

I think he sums up how many pass holders are feeling, shame on you Merlin

If he’s a “loyal guest” he would already be aware of how Towers / Merlin operate. They will always take on day tickets over passes 100% as it’s money, a potential new passholder too.

..don't forget many pass holder purchased their MAP before we even heard of Covid-19 let alone before it made its way to this country.

Merlin has well and truly shafted its loyal customers

With Thorpe Park closing queue lines at 8pm over Fright Nights, could we see Alton Towers do the same?