• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest planning help.

queenofspeed

TS Member
Okay so i am going to scarefest for the first time this year and have never done a scaremaze (not even sub terra) so i am a bit nervous. Does anyone have any advice for me so i can enjoy this visit to the fullest.

queenofspeed said:
Okay so i am going to scarefest for the first time this year and have never done a scaremaze (not even sub terra) so i am a bit nervous. Does anyone have any advice for me so i can enjoy this visit to the fullest.

They can't touch you. Bear that in mind but then again I don't find scaremazes scary so my advice might be a bit rubbish.

queenofspeed said:

Just try and get in the middle of your group if you can, and try not to look scared. Actors target those who look scared.

That's my advice.
Have fun!

:)

Learn Latin, it's the language of the vampires that stalk the corridors of the Terror of the Towers.

as others have said, the actors wont touch you as a rule (tho last year I had an actor join our group and touch me, but only hold my shoulders).

Are you staying over? If so I suggest doing it the night after your scarefest visit so you can nip back to the hotel for dinner then go back and get some night time rides in, nemesis, air and 13 are all much better in the dark.

Scaremazes - Terror of the Towers is free, opens around lunchtime either get in line about half an hour before it opens or wait until late evening, it attracts very large queues and can be a long wait. Its very good though and worth a wait of 40 mins - but not much more, check with staff when joining the queue.
The other mazes Circus of Screams and The Sanctuary are an additonal fee - you can get it cheaper buying online in advance, if you intend on doing them book asap. The more expensive ones are later in the day, but as all the mazes are now indoors there is no real reason to do the later ones, Id book the cheaper daytime visits.

As mentioned above the staff wont touch you, and if they do it wont be in a nasty way. Expect jumps, surprises, staff in close proximity but also giggles and a great effect.
You walk through the maze as a group and all hold on to the person infront, so you cant get lost or wander off, or touch the actors. If you very much dislike the experience you can leave, I believe all you do is step out of line and tell a staff member and they will take you to an exit. Ive never seen it happen yet, and would urge anyone to stick with the story going on, they are normally very clever.

Other than that, just enjoy it - late opening is a rarity and the atmosphere tends to be ace.

queenofspeed said:
thanks for the help guys, i am definitely going and i think i will do 13 after dark and zombies (maybe!). can't wait to go now.

Are they even doing that again this year? It was half hearted last year at best, more wraiths are needed for the best effect. Preferably wraiths in the queueline as well.

I don't believe they're doing After Dark this year. It's been a disappointment every year it's been held!