• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest Staff preview night 16/10/2014

MattyH

TS Member
Favourite Ride
GIIBBB
Last night, I visited Towers for the staff scarefest preview night,which ran from 7-9 along with my housemate, we were both first time visitors to this event.

We arrived at quarter to 7 and after wandering around the park for a little while decided to head to th13teen, where we queued for 15 mins before a message was recieved telling us it had broken down.

We decided to check out the Zombie scarezone first, which was full of jumpy scares, a great little scare zone, which we both enjoyed, even if my housemate did get cornered by a pair of zombies!

Onwards we went to the Scare mazes, we decided to do Terror of the Towers: What lies within first, it was a lot bigger than we were expecting it to be, and and we were in the middle, so we saw everyone at the front getting scared and every one at the back getting scared.

We left the scaremaze and decided to check if th13teen was working, it was not, so we debated about getting food, but we decided since it was twenty past eight, to do the Sanctuary, we queued up and did this, which was another great scaremaze, we both enjoyed it, and being positioned at the back had a few run up to us to make us jump.

I would give it an 8/10, the only problem being the ammount of time, it could use being a three hour event, but I'm not complaining as it was free.

By this time it was 9pm and we hoped there would be an extra bus to get home, so we walked off to Magic HQ and waited an hour till about 10pm, at this point there was no sign of a staff bus, so we phoned City Cabs a taxi company, and we found two girls to share a taxi with, we ordrered the taxi and were told it would be about half an hour's wait, however, after half an hour, a phonecall was made to city cabs who told us the taxi hadn't even been sent yet. So a few taxi companies later, we found Lucky 7 taxi's would pick us up, and again told a 20 mins - half hour wait, we had told the taxi company and the driver when he phoned we were at the bus stop, but he promptly drove in turned around and drove off again, after another phone call to the company, he turned around and picked us up, it was now 23:10 we had been waiting for a way to get home nearly as long as we had been in the theme park. We were told it would be 22 quid for the taxi, however, the taxi driver insited on taking 25 off us and got very agitated, a phone call was placed to base after we had left the taxi!

I got home at about midnight, and I am now up for a days work.

All I can say is...

#FAFF!

Really looking forward to Zombies now, as I've never done it before. I hope it's worthwhile. :)

@MattyH

OK, so I get the taxis are crap and the scariest part of your Scarefest so far, any chance you could give us some input onto lighting? Park atmosphere? Entertainments etc ;)

:D

I have posted some of my thoughts in the main Scarefest topic.

:)

Okay, Then lots of coloured lighting, saw some ents on park today, there is a children's show on the stage outside woodcutters which seemed worth a watch, and about 12ish there were some entertainers outside woodcutters interacting with people and playing "spooky" music.
The path from Battle gallions to the towers was shut today for a tree to be cut down and craned out.
We thought the Scare maze queue lines could use a bit of entertainment, as apart from a few flickering lights, there wasn't a lot of entertainments although a very spooky atmosphere.
Towers Street is very well decorated, with lots of props about, there are also a few big Pumpkins around the park for photo opportunities, I've found 2 so far, so points if anyone can spot them all.
Zombie Scare zone, was a walk-through scene, it had a lot of the actors coming right up to you, and they can corner you at one point, the actors were great last night at teaming up with each-other so that as one distracted you, you turned around and found another one.
Terror of the Towers was a good scare maze, our group had some girls who were reluctant to go at the front and went at what they thought was the back, however, the hosts inside decided to turn us around so that they would be at the front, once inside, the maze was bigger than I had expected it to be, and again the actors were great at working together to provide scares.
The Sanctuary wasn't as good as Terror of the Towers in my opinion, but we were right at the back, so I'm not certain if this affected it or not, when we got to the water bit, the girl in front of me got soaked twice, The actors were brilliant, but I didn't feel as scared/spooked as I did within Terror of the Towers.

So overall a good night, and we both enjoyed it, I hope this is more detailed than the first posting.