• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

School trips.

Ben. said:
It will be until about September now.

It's not always excessively busy during the school holidays as is commonly perceived, especially not on Sundays in August as you may expect.

If last year is the same as this Year, If I remember correctly on the First Saturday of the holidays which is this Saturday it wasnt that Busy, Yesterday was Very Busy :)

Today was packed... All rollercoasters 120 minutes +, and others 30+. Hex was only 15, and so was duel. We entered the SRQ on Nemmy, Air and Oblivion, however the wall signs said they were longer than the actual Q times

I hated going AT on a school trip as many people think the park is always that busy, it also is so annoying that you can't go on anything for the 4 hours you are there because my friends are too picky so we spend all the time at munity bay either on battle galleons or the arcades ::)

HdO299KmWUWksOPTTCE0cw2.jpg

Maya said:
Today was packed... All rollercoasters 120 minutes +, and others 30+. Hex was only 15, and so was duel. We entered the SRQ on Nemmy, Air and Oblivion, however the wall signs said they were longer than the actual Q times

Dear god, the Air SRQ is horrifically slow and inefficient even on moderately busy days - I hate to even imagine what it must have been like on a near capacity day :eek:

So I was pulled along to Alton Towers on the 19th by school friends, and to everyone's surprise, it was packed full of school kids. [Sarcasm Intended]

We arrived during ERT and rode Nemesis, Rita, Oblivion and Sonic. Soon after, the park was vastly infested by foul mouthed youths. Between 10am and 5pm we managed to ride only Air, Ripsaw, Hex, Enterprise and Duel.

However, we were in for some luck! At around 5pm the park was nearly empty, so we made the best of it. In this time we rode Oblivion, Rita and TH13TEEN. So overall, we got a really good ride count for a peak day. :)

The next week will be really quiet (compared to past week anyway). First week of holidays are dead, slowly building up.. only the last couple of weeks are actually properly busy.

Thursday really wasn't that bad if you knew what you were doing. Whilst people are complaining on Faffbook on the AT page they only got one ride in or so, I can look back on my ride count and laugh in their faces.

Danny said:
Thursday really wasn't that bad if you knew what you were doing. Whilst people are complaining on Faffbook on the AT page they only got one ride in or so, I can look back on my ride count and laugh in their faces.

Wonderfully team spirited not

Maybe this should be viewed from another perspective.. Yes it's absurdly busy during school trip time, but surely that just helps the queue times during summer holidays. To put it another way, a lot of parents would rather spend £40 and send their child away with their mates for the day than spend upwards of £120 for them all to go, therefore once summer holidays actually arrive, a lot of school kids have already been.

I wonder how busy the first couple of weeks would actually be if schools didn't take them during term time?