• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scribbles?

toofpikk

TS Member
Well, hey guys, been a while.
After previous attempts to Recreate several Merlin Attractions., I have decided to take one of the parks to a new level.
Now, after 10 days on holiday, I've managed to come up with some scribbles of my plans. I won't be showing you all of them, as the park I plan to big is pretty darn big, but because of the negative criticism I had over in other forums I thought i'd share it to you too. So, before I go gobbling on about this and that, I think I will show you some pictures.

This is the land of the Vikings:

And, yes, I know, they look like scribbles, but if you look long enough they quite clearly make out to look like themed structures and layouts for rides.

And this is the Jungle Island:

Please comment, on what park you think I'm redoing, and what you think overall. if anyone guesses the right park i'll show you some WIP shots of whats in the rct3 park :)

thanks,
Matt

Re: Merlin Attractions Announce New Park For 2013!

no comments? 58 views? ahwell, but please comment guys!
i thought i'd show you the story iv'e been working on, once again, please try and work out what park im redoing:
August 30TH 2011~

Well, This is it I guess. Construction has finally begun. Though Mr. Larrison, owner of MERLIN ATTRACTIONS couldn't be there for the first dig, shovel of the mud, 2 represented him. Mr. Fiddle, head of Construction work for the park was willing to take questions, with his companion, the health and safety man, Mr. Roberts. This was rather exciting for me, as I have been waiting for 18 Months for this day to finally arrive. Australia is known for many things, from the Opera house, in Sydney, to the Bush fires and floods it can have. Its shape, that makes it look like a biscuit, but a giant has taken a giant bite out of it, and its reefs. But all these beautiful things, can sometimes over-rule and cross out the thing I appreciate the most. Thrills. With all the vehicles and digging machines spread out for gurus like me to get excited at, as well as talking to 2 of the biggest heads for this park, I could not help myself but have a chat with Mr. Fiddle and Mr. Roberts.

'Though there are already several theme parks on the Golden Coast, None of theme are very family orientated.'
'Ah, yes. This one shall be successful, fun for all ages, and worth going to. As we have had successes with several other theme parks, Back in Europe, We thought we could go properly international.'
'Working with Our friendly companion, of whom are currently starting progress on a new park in Malaysia, we believe we can make a new park, and add to the proud collection of our previous parks.'
I would have liked to ask one more question, but the bodyguards pushed me back, as 2 local school girls held up a red tape, and handed Mr. Fiddle and Mr. Roberts scissors. I tried to get a glimpse of the small logo which was on the tape, but it was hard when you are being pushed back into a sea of thrill hunters by big tough fellas. When they'd cut the tape, a cheer went up, and the 2 men shook hands. I took one last picture of all the construction workers and there machines:

and set off back home for dinner. Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I just can't wait for more.
(red Mr. Roberts, blue Mr. Fiddle.)

please comment, or I wont be able to show you the marvellous in the works im doing! :D Support needed!

Re: Merlin Attractions Announce New Park For 2013!

sorry, but my computer shut off so i decided to leave it off.
anyway, I shall bring you a new update:
STORY:
SEPTEMBER 7TH 2011
I decided to take a trip down to the park today. I guess progress is going well, as compared the the mound of mud last week, they have actually got some recognizable things. Mr. Fiddle and Mr. Roberts were on the site today, doing their jobs. I was kinda surprised to see some trees on some lorries coming in. I managed to talk to Mr. Roberts, and he said that they'd rather take the park step by step, area by area rather then doing the big bits and filling in the fiddly little holes at the end.

I was excited by this, because that means they will do things like the theming and buildings together... meaning the next thing they need to build after the car park is the entrance! I ask Mr. Fiddle If this was the case, and he said, that they were not going to install the entry after theyd done the car park. Because its on of the things that makes this park the park it is, they were going to give everyone a surprise on how they would build it.

Well, I headed home after that, a little dissapointed as to not being able to see the entry structure going up next, but oh well, I will be able to see the rest of the park go up first :D

OFF STORY:

I have actually finished the car park, but seeing as this is going to be my best park ever, how does this look?

there are still a few holes to fill here and there, but its 95% complete

so, comments, criticism, and guess what park im doing is all needed!

Merlin Attractions Announce NEW PARK for 2013

OCTOBER 16TH 2011 ~~
Well, I haven't visited the park for a while because my younger brother came over from England, as his summer holidays were almost over, and he decided to spend the last month or so with me. You see, hes at Oxford, because, he got the brains, but I got the looks -wink wink-. I thought it would be a little weird to take my brother to a construction site, and unfortunately he doesn't share my passion for theme parks. anyway, we toured around Australia for 3 weeks, and then went to our parents house in Brisbane. When I came back, One of the first things I did was visit the park. Still no guesses of what one its gonna be? Ah well...
So I came in, and met Mr. Larrison, who was inspecting ow his newest project was going. I wanted to have a talk with him, but he seemed buried in his workers' highly detailed blueprints, so I decided it was best to leave him alone.
There was an all new structure standing, and it looked very simple yet very... outstanding? I guessed it was the roofs for the ticket area, and I was correct:

Not only this, but they seem to have worked out a way to stop people getting through without a ticket, a problem at one of their other parks. they have put flower beds or soon to bes on either side of the structure:

To the right of the entry there was a white building with a green roof. much like the one at their park in England. I worked out this must be the customer service building or the annual pass building. It looks like everything has already been installed, ready for work:

On the floor there was alot of small wires, and yellow areas. I worked out these must be the ares for future buildings. Hopefully in a years time or so, these will be fully finished, ready for the next season:

Well, Australia has had several freak storms lately, and at around 4 o'clock another one came. It was rather scary, actually, as it was easily the heaviest one so far. Well, I waddled back to the car park, and took a picture. It was completely finished, and looked rather nice, with the organized lanes, the foliage, and plenty of space for handicapped people:

About 5 minutes later, when I finally got to the car, the light got a whole lot darker, and the rain stopped. I took a quick picture of the car park again, but with all its neat little lights on:

then, I started to hear rumbling. Me, not being a fan of thunder, let alone lightning, jumped back in my car and drove home. What a chicken I am. Anyway, obvious progress has been made in this update, but if they keep at this speed I fear they may have to work through winters to get this finished!

Well, thanks for reading guys, and comments and all are welcome! GUESS WHAT PARK IT IS! PLEASE!

I'm guessing that this is a Lego park for Australia, and you've done a good job so far. Obviously there isn't much to see just yet but I'll keep an eye out for future updates. In the meantime, I like your canopy/roof work. :)

perfect guess pasty! thanks for the compliment too.
why a sea life centre tom? :S
you got it jaykey boy!

Well, if you guessed, im sure you got it right!
because, today, i decided to take yet another day off of work, and travel to the mystical building site of merlin attractions! Much more interesting then boar and hog restaurant.
Well, as i came through the entrance, i saw several logos advertising Merlin entertainments.
Nick Varney, yes, NICK VARNEY was in the park today. when i turned the last corner to the car park i spotted a huge billboard, advertising the park.
here it is guys!:

I thought i had left you guys in suspence for long enough.
Well, Nick varney wanted to see how his latest investment was going, and much like i said in the previous post,
he felt ever so slightly worried the park would slip behind schedule. I didnt bring my camera today, but i an tell you theyve put up a new temporary cafe, with a brick wall illusion, and local school kids have had there lego models made into sculptures for the park.
They have started laying the path past the the entry ticket roof, and into 'the beginning'. Mr. Varney also said that he insisted on releasing all the legoland plans, so, i thought i'd share them with you too.

He mentioned that these would also be children sketches of the plans, so that they were simplified, leaving the details and fiddly bits in secret.

pirates Cove... ooh arrh!

part of 'the beginning'. belevie it or not, but its the largest area in the park.

Vikings Northern land. The most northern themed area in the park.

jungle island. this will be the 'thrill seekers haven' in the park. and they promise not to get rid of the wild mouse within 5 years of constructing it this time :D

knights kingdom. this will be identical to that of legoland windsor.

Legoville. Buildings will be based upon the vintage sets, including the likes of green grocer and cafe corner and grand emporium. On top of that, the most renowned ride in legoland, the driving school will be here, the station for the tour train and the lighthouse show.

this was the image drawn by the child in their first year of primary school. just 4 years old.
there are still some plans that are un-accessible, but these will be uploaded by the legoland website, which i may show you tomorrow, and seeing as i forgot my camera this time, i feel as though i should bring it soon to show you the progress. in the meentime, comment, criticize and like things!

thanks!