• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sept 2023 | Disneyland Paris Trip

Jambo

TS Member
Hello

I wanted to share my experience with you all after my trip to Disneyland Paris, the first time back since 1993. So here goes...

HOTEL
We stayed three nights at the Newport Bay Club. We wanted to be on site as we had a 4 year old and wanted to make use of the magic hour for hotel guests. Right off the bat I will say this...the hotel is nowhere near the level it should be at. For the amount of money you are paying, the rooms are small, dated and not clean! We found wrappers under our bed that weren't from us. Not good enough. Also, the door in the bathroom had been painted, but have the paint have gone on the wall and the side of the bath. I can only compare this hotel to Europe Parks Bell Rock and that is far superior on every level. I probably won't stay here again.
The hotel is too big. Getting anywhere is an absolute mission and even more so when you have to go to reception numerous times to complain about room service (more on that later). It's also oddly designed. We were on the first floor (which is the ground floor) so when leaving the hotel we had to go up to 2, along reception, into another lift down to 1) just to get out of the hotel.

HOTEL FACILITIES
The pool is good, although a bit cold but that wasn't a problem for us as it was 30 degrees outside. Room service was a shambles. One person would tell us one thing, and another something completely different. We needed milk for the baby on the first night, got it no problem. Second night, they wanted to charge us 20 euros for it. Third night again was free. Mental. Breakfast was hugely dissapointing.

HOTEL STAFF
Sorry, more negative stuff. I get the impression they simply work here because they have to and not because they want to. Some are rude, others just can't be arsed. Cannot tell you how many times I was looked at funny for asking simple things like "are there any characters at breakfast today?" or "is there anywhere open for food?" (it was 12pm)

TRANSPORT
Shuttle was excellent, and didn't have to wait too long for it. Still a bit of a walk to the parks from the bus terminal but that's not a huge issue.

DISNEY VILLAGE
I didn't know what too expect but this was such a let down. It is dated, tacky and over-priced (shock). Are there any plans to update this from its current mid 90s feel? Doesn't scream premium Disney resort.

DISNEYLAND PARK
I don't think I can fault the park. It's absolutely beautiful and my kid had the best time that's all that matters. It looks stunning and opening hours were great. One thing I did notice was that single rider for Space mountain was never open even with a 60 min wait for it. Why have it and not use it? Loved our time inside this park. Would defo go back again.

WALT DISNEY STUDIOS
I know the expansion is coming but this really is a half day park and the wait times are insane because of that. Ratatouille is a great ride, but couldn't do much else due to the 90 min wait time for Crush Coaster, Tower of Terror and Spiderman. Avengers was closed which was annoying but these things happen.

With all this said, we still had a good time. I just think the hotel was such a let down, considering the price you pay. The Disneyland park itself is worth returning for, but unfortunately not much else.

Agree or disagree?

Ah such a shame you had a bad experience at Newport Bay Club - it’s my favourite hotel. Then again I haven’t stayed in about five years.

I generally find the staff to be pleasant but then again I speak French and that most certainly helps especially with Parisians. It might be a Disney thing as I found the staff at WDW less friendly that previous visits when I visited this August.

Completely agree with Disney Village - it’s a mess of epic proportions. There is a plan in place but it’s going to take five years. The first new restaurant will be open in December. I’m not convinced it will be a big improvement - the concept art I’ve seen looks very bland. But then again so is Disney Springs.

Studios is going to take a long time to sort. It has a few standout rides but needs more to do. I love Crush, Ratatouille, ToT, Web Slingers and Flight Force. RC Racer is a lot of fun but the queue moves so slowly and the cycle is short. I also have a soft spot for Cars Road Trip - but I might be the only one.

It looks like it’s been a busy start to September. I read that it’s been heaving with Spaniards and Italians - they haven’t quite gone back to school yet but I think a lot of them assume it will be quiet because French and UK kids have gone back.

The Sunday was really busy as it was the last day of French holidays and then the Monday was quiet in the morning and extremely busy in the afternoon. Been some good weather and end of 30th celebrations has kept people coming I guess.

Yeah, really didn’t enjoy Newport Bay either. I’ll probably stay offsite and make other arrangements if I was to return.