• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Should I go to Alton Towers or Drayton Manor? (Read opening post for context)

Should I go to Alton Towers or Drayton Manor?

• Total voters
I did my GCSE last year so I'm about a year older than you. I waited until I finished my Gcses to go to theme parks and even cinemas (waited to watch infinity war for almost 2 months which was painful). I'm not saying don't visit, as breaks are important in revision but you will have a long summer holiday that's over 2 months long for theme parks.

I did my GCSE last year so I'm about a year older than you. I waited until I finished my Gcses to go to theme parks and even cinemas (waited to watch infinity war for almost 2 months which was painful). I'm not saying don't visit, as breaks are important in revision but you will have a long summer holiday that's over 2 months long for theme parks.
I would likely go after my final exam; sorry if I didn't make that clearer! Revision is very important to me; after the Christmas holidays, I'm going to be doing 2 hours per day until my GCSEs are finished!

It sure is a frustrating hobby to get into in your teens. Maybe it's worse now because of the internet, you can see everything you're missing out on! Unless of course your family loves theme parks too... and you don't live in Scotland.
I can relate to this so much. Honestly, I enjoy the closed season more then open season due to the internet. Because then all the other coaster enthusiasts are just as depressed about not going to many parks as I am. :tearsofjoy: My family is a bit “meh” about theme parks and the only one they’ll really take me to is Alton Towers, which is a shame ‘cause I’m rapidly loosing interest in the place. And I live in Scotland :(

Good luck with your studies!

And if your family won't visit with you would they let you go by public transport? I find travelling on my own a bit lonely but still thrilling and certainly better than not going. I didn't really do that until I was 17 though

In theory you can take the Thorpe bus from where I live, or go to Chessington by train, but it's a lot longer journey than just going by car.

It's OK, guys; I'm fine going with my mum! As I said, any theme park is great!

And thank you for your wishes of luck @speedy!

So your mum said you could choose then she said she’s paying so she will choose?

Typical parent behaviour!

Don’t worry Matt, soon you will be able to choose all the time! ;)

I don't mind; it's not that long away, and besides, I'm very grateful that my parents even take me to theme parks full stop! It would be very demanding of me to pick and choose what theme parks; there are children out there who aren't fortunate enough to even go to theme parks!

Good lad. I thought all teenagers were supposed to be self-entitled these days?!