Silverwood: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by Matt N, 17th Sep 2020.

Tags:
  1. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Silverwood, a small theme park in Idaho, has today announced that they are going to build Stunt Pilot, an RMC Raptor, for 2021:

The ride looks to be the Prototype layout (think Wonder Woman/RailBlazer), and it is inspired by the daily air shows that the park used to run back in the 1980s/1990s.

I think this looks like a phenomenal addition, so I thought it might be nice to give Silverwood its own topic to celebrate! In terms of other things at the park, they also have Aftershock, one of the few Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerangs ever built, as well as two CCI woodies in the form of Tremors and Timber Terror. Interestingly, I think the park is actually very near to the RMC headquarters; could this have possibly led them to build an RMC?

What do you guys think of Stunt Pilot, or Silverwood in general?

pj and skyscraper like this.
    Posted 17th Sep 2020
  2. Rick

Rick TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Crux
    Fred Grubb has a long history with Silverwood as an employee and a consultant, so that's presumably related.

They're great rides and I am sure it will do wonders for the park. They have some great bits and bobs, it's all very charming.

Connor98 and skyscraper like this.
    Posted 18th Sep 2020
  3. Pleasure Beach Valhalla

Pleasure Beach Valhalla TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    I always expected this and it's a almost clone of RailBlazer btw @Matt N ! It'll be good to see Silverwood get a new coaster since Aftershock!

Matt N likes this.
    Posted 19th Sep 2020
  4. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    How much does an RMC Raptor cost? I can't find any figures on Wikipedia or RCDB, my guess is the cost is probably cheap enough for a small park with ambition outside the UK but too much for even the big players in the UK.

Posted 19th Sep 2020
  5. MakoMania

MakoMania TowersStreet Member

I believe they’re remarkably cheap. One was being sold off at IAAPA 2019 for less than $1 million, obviously not including shipping and construction etc...

Knock down the bowladrome and throw one of these cheap clones in that space I say!

Posted 19th Sep 2020
  6. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I think there are numerous parks in the UK that could easily afford a Raptor; Merlin and Blackpool probably could, for a start, and it wouldn’t surprise me if somewhere like Paultons, Drayton or Flamingoland could quite easily buy one! Especially if they’re allegedly as cheap as @MakoMania is making out!

Judging by the overwhelmingly positive reception of them, RMC Raptors look like a coaster model where parks get a huge bang for their buck, possibly more so than even the vast majority of other compact, low cost coaster types!

Posted 19th Sep 2020
  7. MakoMania

MakoMania TowersStreet Member

Now I don’t think less than $1m is the normal price, they probably got a cancellation and needed to get rid of one quickly, but if it’s being sold off that cheap they can’t be hugely expensive rides to buy.​

Posted 19th Sep 2020