• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sims 4

BigDave

TS Member
Ok so the lovely people at EA are releasing Sims 4.... right after making loads of expansions packs for Sims 3 (theres a surprise ::)).

After having a quick look at game screenshots and videos, I have to say that Im less than impressed. It is literally Sims 3 with all the good stuff strpped out. It seems like the Sims will basically control themselves and instead of having complex needs and desires, they will now have emotions that will trigger certain events. I can see where EA are trying to go, by making this more about "Playing with life", but seriously EA you need to go back to basics and have a game where you control people and their world. Losing control of your Sims is not a good step.

Of course I havent seen the final game and things may change, but so far, Im sticking with Sims 3.

http://youtu.be/WjPPjU8OARg

Heard anything about Sims 4? Have any views on it? Post below!

The new building tools look good and the create-a-Sim tool looks good too.

Not keen on the idea of emotions, in the way that it looks in that video. It looks like you have less control over The Sims and the options you have to control them are emotion dependent - which in itself is entirely down to the game rather than you.

I'm still sticking with The Sims 2 for now. But I'll keep an eye on this just in case it is better than what it seems right now.

Oh god, as long as this is so much better than The Sims 3 (Which is considered to be the worst and most buggy in the franchise anyway) and goes back to it's roots at Maxis I will be very happy.

Sims 3 is fine for me. It lags a not when you have all the expansions, but actually opens up the game without loosing the control you have on the sims

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah if you think the Sims 3 is bad then you're forgetting what the original was like. It was so buggy the sims spent most their time complaining that they couldn't get somewhere. I fell in love with the Sims 2 as soon as I started playing it just because of how smooth and fluid everything was in comparison. In many ways that's why I never got into the Sims 3, it just didn't feel like such a massive leap as the 2nd game did and so I had no reason to make the jump.

As for the Sims 4 I'm with most in saying the new creator tools seem awesome but not yet sold on the way emotions work... although at the moment we have so little to go on it's hard to say.

I still play The Sims 2, it alot easier to add custom content to the game than The Sims 3, as you have to patch The Sims 3 with updates every five-seconds. As for The Sims 4 (which is being developed by Maxis, again unlike The Sims 3 was) has a livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/ea - That starts at 4. :)