• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Single Rider Queues at Alton Towers; could more return?

If Oblivion’s doesn’t come back in some form (either with or without the inevitable station refurb/rebuild) I would be surprised.

Galactica could happen if the batching goes back to the old method of odds right, evens left.

Ship has sailed as far as Nemesis is concerned (unfortunately).
You could send single riders up to the merge host just before the station, used for ambulant RAP, and send single riders down with odd numbered groups. Not terribly different from how @AT86 said Galactica's work(ed)s.

You could send single riders up to the merge host just before the station, used for ambulant RAP, and send single riders down with odd numbered groups. Not terribly different from how @AT86 said Galactica's work(ed)s.
Galactica’s didn’t work like that. The SRQ went straight down the right hand side to the right hand station. Then the host would batch them at the air gates similar to Smiler.

Batching at the merge host before the station I think would be a bit of a logistical challenge.

Nemesis you realistically had the choice of either SRQ down the old main queue and all RAP on the wrong side or as they have done it now and no SRQ.

Update: another video on YouTube says that Thirteen now has a single-rider queue as well:-

Again, I cannot confirm this first-hand.

I'm not sure if this is in addition to Rita, or whether the person claiming that Rita has a SRQ was mistaken and meant to say Thirteen instead (I tried to edit my original message above, but it had already been responded to!).

Update: another video on YouTube says that Thirteen now has a single-rider queue as well:-

Again, I cannot confirm this first-hand.

I'm not sure if this is in addition to Rita, or whether the person claiming that Rita has a SRQ was mistaken and meant to say Thirteen instead (I tried to edit my original message above, but it had already been responded to!).

Yes Thirteen does now have a single rider queue as confirmed by Bianca. I wonder if by next season, all rides will have a single rider?

From: https://www.instagram.com/p/C_iMyvoNuq6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Does anybody know whether Rita now has a single-rider queue?

Somebody on YouTube said that it does, but I suspect that they may be confusing it with Thirteen (which definitely now has an SRQ).

Does anybody know whether Rita now has a single-rider queue?

Somebody on YouTube said that it does, but I suspect that they may be confusing it with Thirteen (which definitely now has an SRQ).
I think they’re confusing it with Thirteen, most probably. I haven’t heard anything about Rita having one, and it was one of the first to initially get removed.

I believe the most obvious ones have now reinstated their single rider queues recently. I see Oblivion and Rita being next and the others I think may be more difficult or impractical

I think Project Ocean, Project Horizon and the possible future flats could get single rider queues.

I am excited to see more of these developments across the Merlin parks.

I believe the most obvious ones have now reinstated their single rider queues recently. I see Oblivion and Rita being next and the others I think may be more difficult or impractical
Oblivion and Rita should’ve been priority in my opinion. They have more empty seats than Th13teen and Spinball is low capacity regardless so doesn’t really matter

Where would Rita run a single rider queue? I know where Oblivion's would be as I remember where it used to be but does anyone know how one on Rita could be re-instated? I'm not sure where it used to be when it had it before

Where would Rita run a single rider queue? I know where Oblivion's would be as I remember where it used to be but does anyone know how one on Rita could be re-instated? I'm not sure where it used to be when it had it before
Blivvy's old SRQ is ambulant RAP now, so it would have to go somewhere else. As said before, though, I could see one being retrofitted as part of blivvy's rumoured station rebuild.

Rita they could create a gap in the queue fence just before the steps as it runs opposite the plaza, although that would need permanently managing by a host to stop it being abused.

Oblivion and Rita should’ve been priority in my opinion. They have more empty seats than Th13teen and Spinball is low capacity regardless so doesn’t really matter
Spinball is one of those coasters where if a single rider queue is in place, it'd really help with the throughputs which is helpful with it's capacity.

Thirteen has a minimum weight limit for each train so that is really useful to make sure no seat is empty and every train meets that limit.

I do agree that Oblivion and Rita should get one although Spinball and Thirteen slightly needed it more for their operations.