• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Site Maintenance - Offline Thursday 20th - Friday 21st Feb

Chat is *Always* open. Anyone can pop in there at any time and stay for as long as they want. It's also under the 'more' section of the menu.

We love chat and would really encourage people to pop in and leave it open - don't just jump in, see nobody is there and leave as often many people do that over the course of 20-30 minutes and all miss each other thinking that nobody is online!

I'm looking forward to a downtime chat room sosche though!

It'd be a good idea if maybe there was one 'official' chat every month of two. Maybe even with a feature to draw in people like a pub quiz or some form of gameshow. People could even offer to do their own radio type show.

While a lot of people now use Skype it's rather restrictive and limited. It alienates the forums somewhat. People tend to not bother with chat unless there's some push of it by the team or a group of members. I think some kind of official chat once or twice a month could work well. Helps for new members to break the ice too and get a little more involved.

James said:
It'd be a good idea if maybe there was one 'official' chat every month of two. Maybe even with a feature to draw in people like a pub quiz or some form of gameshow. People could even offer to do their own radio type show.

While a lot of people now use Skype it's rather restrictive and limited. It alienates the forums somewhat. People tend to not bother with chat unless there's some push of it by the team or a group of members. I think some kind of official chat once or twice a month could work well. Helps for new members to break the ice too and get a little more involved.

I remember when people wouldn't leave Chat and join Skype! Now it's the other way around :(

Chat does require a bit more effort from the participants though, typing instead of just talking.

Coastermaster said:
how would i host a radio show thinking about doing one

Grooveshark is very good for radio show hosting. I'm planning on hosting some shows for my own forum, and if you have a microphone, you can record yourself saying things and play them in between songs. There's always the 'Chat' feature on GS for taking requests and general feedback!

Is there a TST group Skype chat?

You can host small radio shows and things via websites like Spreaker. When Joel does a joelyFM special he streams it through this site which makes it a bit more fun and inclusive :)

Many TST members have Skype chats most nights but obviously it has it's limitations in that you can long have so many people in a conversation and so on - plus it tends to be between various smaller groups of friends.

As others have said - I'd love to see chat get some love from the community and become more of it's former self. If chat hadn't have been so busy back when I originally joined the community on TT I probably wouldn't have stuck around or got to know so many people - so I think it's dead important for us, particularly if you're new to the site.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk.

Scott said:
which makes it a bit more fun and inclusive :)

Oh just you wait for me to get the HottyScotty Phone in service sorted ;)

James said:

Yup, absolutely agree with that, and it's exactly what we'll be planning to do in the coming weeks and months once we've moved over :)