• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags- Backwards Batman?

Six Flags have just confirmed on Facebook that this will happen at Six Flags: Great America.

14941_263656377102382_1009982669_n.jpg

Eurgh. A somewhat classic has been ruined! I imagine this will be so uncomfortable and completely ruin the ride experience. Such a shame! :)

I'd laugh if this snapped someone's neck. With luck it might teach parks to quit screwing about with rides. ::)

"Going backwards for the first time ever"?

So how do they get it in and out of the garage? ;)

As well as riding uncomfortably it must also look utterly preposterous, they just aren't made for it.

Alastair said:
As well as riding uncomfortably it must also look utterly preposterous, they just aren't made for it.

Clearly they will have done hundreds of tests with dozens of outside experts to conclude that this is 100% safe. They may not have been "made for it", but if this wasn't completely safe for the ride and the rider, they wouldn't do it.

B&M might not have had this in mind, but if they had any safety objections this would blatantly not be going ahead.

Sam said:
Alastair said:

Clearly they will have done hundreds of tests with dozens of outside experts to conclude that this is 100% safe. They may not have been "made for it", but if this wasn't completely safe for the ride and the rider, they wouldn't do it.

B&M might not have had this in mind, but if they had any safety objections this would blatantly not be going ahead.

I didn't say it wasn't safe, just that on photo evidence they don't appear to have altered the trains whatsoever - and the trains certainly weren't originally designed to go backwards! I can't see how, in any fashion, it would be comfortable - especially on a Batman clone of all inverts.

Can't even begin to fathom what this would be like. Batman is the most intense coaster I've been on, as in continuously intense. Must admit though, I'm quite intrigued to try it :) Just not too sure I'd enjoy it all that much.

Batman is a very intense coaster, and one of the best layouts ever created.

I cannot believe this will be pleasant in any way.

Yet more good rides being worsened by B&M.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

But that's not all Six Flags want to reverse, according to Screamscape. X-Flight and American Eagle are up next (both at Six Flags Great America).

BigAl said:
But that's not all Six Flags want to reverse, according to Screamscape. X-Flight and American Eagle are up next (both at Six Flags Great America).

A racing woodie, backwards? Why! :'(

Well that looks awful, makes me feel sick just watching the video. I don't get the new 'trend' with turning coasters backwards, it's an horrendous idea. Heaven forbid Towers ever consider it.

:)

They probably saw all our comments saying that the best part of Th13teen is the backwards bit...

Methinks they missed the point.