• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags- Backwards Batman?

Andrew

TS Contributor
So, it appears the rumours may be true according to this picture from ACE...

BA-8tGZCcAI-A6F.jpg:large

What do you think of this, and does it back up the rumour that the Swarm may go backwards?

Re: Six Flags St Louis- Backwards Batman?

Longy said:
So, it appears the rumours may be true according to this picture from ACE...

What do you think of this, and does it back up the rumour that the Swarm may go backwards?

Makes it near certain, when you add how convinced some team members are here RE:Swarm

Great find longy, regards Batman that's about as certain as it gets without actually getting on the ride, hardly "rumour" anymore.

Again, well found.

Convinced, and now pretty sure about Swarm. It's how it all adds up together.

And as I said elsewhere, I am certain they will use this data as feasibility towards how a 4D would be received.

It'll be interesting to know how well-received this move is. Aren't the Batman clones some of the most intense coasters on the planet?

This sounds terrible.

Batman is one of the worlds BEST rollercoaster layouts. It is INCREDIBLY intense.

Backwards sounds like it would be horrendous to endure.

Looks like they might just be trialing it by the term "limited time engagement." Don't see why they need to alter it at all regardless, it's not like it's a poor coaster in the first place.

I hope the Swarm opens first so Thorpe get the record!

Sounds pretty cool, Batman is one of my favourite rides so I'm pretty curious about just how intense it would be backwards. Unlike Dan, since I have no idea what it'd be like, I'm hesitant to just dismiss it out of hand. :p

The Swarm backwards would just about be bearable. Batman backwards, you wouldn't get me on it. It made me feel rather sick going forward, I hate to think how I'd feel backwards. I must say I'm not a fan of the Batman clones anyway.

:)

They are very intense - I just think the idea of going backwards would be ill-inducing.

Surely that much intensity being forced upon you could cause quite a bit of trauma? I'm terrible with physics but I'm pretty sure that when you're forced back in to your seat when riding in the usual position, backwards would mean that your neck would be forced away from your seat.

The Swarm is quite floaty rather than intense so they'd just about get away with it but, Batman? No thanks.

At least going forwards you have the chance to brace for upcoming elements, I'm not sure being unexpectedly whipped to one side and back again is any fun, no matter how smooth a B&M may be. I certainly wouldn't like to do Nemesis backwards and I know it better than the back of my hand. It would be an intense experience but far from enjoyable.

Obviously if they are to open this to the public, they will have done extensive testing to prove that the g-forces will be well within safe limits. :)

I was hoping that this would just go away but no, it seems it's actually happening.

I hate how Six Flags have recently started treating their older B&M coasters as if they're second hand Vekomas or something. In fact, even if they did this to a Vekoma I would be annoyed. Attaching this sort of after-market gimmick to a B&M is just sacrilege. It's like buying a rare luxury car and attaching wheel spinners and fluffy dice.

CGM said:
I was hoping that this would just go away but no, it seems it's actually happening.

I hate how Six Flags have recently started treating their older B&M coasters as if they're second hand Vekomas or something. In fact, even if they did this to a Vekoma I would be annoyed. Attaching this sort of after-market gimmick to a B&M is just sacrilege. It's like buying a rare luxury car and attaching wheel spinners and fluffy dice.

Like Thorpe... And surprisingly, Universal Studios Japan as well...

Some serious WTF coming out of Switzerland right now...

Also, backwards Batman? No thanks...

Rumours going around that this will occur at Six Flags Great America, due to a tweet sent. (I can't find the tweet)

Still interesting none-the-less!

I just presumed that if it's being done to one of the Batmans, it'd be done to all of them...?

Unless they'll wait to see how successful it is on one, and then possibly roll it out to every SF B:TR in 2014...

Seems a like a money to spend for just a short term change?

Regardless of that, it will be disgusting! These things are bad ebough facing forwards...

And I don't know if it enhances the Swarm rumour or not. Swarm is a new coaster, this Batman is pretty old, and maybe in need of a change?

Anywa, I just cant see why B&M would want to do this. They always play it safe, especially nowadays.

This would perhaps add more weight to suspecting Thorpe will be turning Nemesis Inferno backwards, rather than The Swarm? It would be much easier for B&M, assuming they are involved, to develop the necessary modifications to turn any Invert backwards, rather than tackling the same problem for a number of different ride systems?

If Thorpe turn Inferno backwards, then I'll be happy because they've finally realised how crap it is.

Eddie said:
If Thorpe turn Inferno backwards, then I'll be happy because they've finally realised how crap it is.

Using that logic why are the Batmans having backward rows, they aren't exactly 'crap.'

mark9 said:
Eddie said:

Using that logic why are the Batmans having backward rows, they aren't exactly 'crap.'

They're not, Six Flags are turning around the trains on Batman for whatever reason they have. You failed to realise that my post was mostly a joke ::)

But Nemesis Inferno is crap ;)