• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Slenderman

I think this has all been blow a little out of proportion, I don't 'believe', its obviously not real and to be honest isnt convincing (thus the previous statements about a lack of a back story), I am merely saying that it is one of those things that give me an uneasy feeling, it's different for everyone else. Than and if you play slender, you cant say that it doesent get a little nerve racking when you get to the 5th page.

I know it isn't real but it still scares me. And gives me an uneasy feeling (as above) which I am getting now. I spotted one on a picture and it scared the ?@!* out of me!

Ben. said:
I think this has all been blow a little out of proportion, I don't 'believe', its obviously not real and to be honest isnt convincing (thus the previous statements about a lack of a back story), I am merely saying that it is one of those things that give me an uneasy feeling, it's different for everyone else. Than and if you play slender, you cant say that it doesent get a little nerve racking when you get to the 5th page.

Could someone explain all of this to me? What do you mean by "play slender" - my first reaction was that must mean it's a game, but then you mention the 5th page as though it's a book!? I'm confused :p

It's a game, like a watered down version of Amnesia, for children, and from what I understand 'page' is what they call 'level' or something.

Blaze said:
It's a game, like a watered down version of Amnesia, for children, and from what I understand 'page' is what they call 'level' or something.

I see :)

Quite ironic now when you look into the creation of it for the first time, and read this post (the post after the first post where the guy made it all up) :p

Blaze said:

I recently watched a few videos of Slender and actually it's a rather nifty idea only it is basic (the whole thing was made by one guy to my understanding). I wouldn't compare it to Amnesia and I certainly wouldn’t say it’s for children. It’s a very different type of scare and while I prefer Amnesia myself there are some that find Amnesia too scripted (you can tell when a monster will attack you) but with Slender it is completely random.

The game goes like this:
You start in a forest at night. You have nothing but a flashlight. The game only gives you 1 objective which is to find 8 pages. In this forest there are 10 structures ranging from several large rocks to a building of some sorts, 8 of which have pages on/in chosen at random at the start of the game.

Also in the forest is the Slenderman. He (or it) slowly tries to find you. If he does he'll follow you until either he's close enough to catch you or you've looked at him for too long. You’ll never see him moving but he can teleport and does chase you whenever you're not looking.

Every time you find a page the Slenderman speeds up and the music gets more creepy and atmospheric. I believe page 5 has some especially creepy music.

The game ends when you get caught. If you’ve failed the game quits (literally it shuts itself off and you return to your computers desktop). If you have managed to retrieve all 8 pages you wake up in the day... and the whole game begins all over again but in daylight.

So as you can see from the description above it’s quite a basic game but kind of works because you are constantly on edge that at any second you could see the Slenderman and it’ll be game over. Please note I haven’t played it myself so I might have left a detail out of my description.

Of course the game would be even more awesome if they replaced the Slenderman with a couple of weeping angels from Doctor Who and set it in a museum.

I don't understand why blaze is getting all worked up and releasing a bit of random hate. Especially as he hasn't seemed to play it due to his lack of understanding of what a page is ;)

Perhaps he's scared!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Slenderman I find quite scary. For those who like Slenderman, check out Slenderman's Shadow, it's a little collection of Slenderman games (unofficial ones), they are really good! http://www.slendermansshadow.com/

Amnesia however is the king of horror/indie games! I play Amnesia, and it's one of those games that when you get into it, you really do freak out and start to go a bit mad yourself. It's a great game though, and Amnesia 2 is coming out next year, which I'm looking forward to!

I played Slenderman and it's pretty pants, tbh. I spent my first go trying to find Slenderman and the second go trying to walk backwards into him. Died quite often. Got about 6 pages but couldn't be arsed to carry on playing so I deleted it. :p

Thanks to people for explaining it, I may look into getting it now just to explore. Is it download and does it cost? Sorry to so experienced. I have to admit, I fancy this 'Amnesia', too. What's all that about? :)

BigAl said:
I played Slenderman and it's pretty pants, tbh. I spent my first go trying to find Slenderman and the second go trying to walk backwards into him. Died quite often. Got about 6 pages but couldn't be arsed to carry on playing so I deleted it. :p

If you were trying to find the Slenderman I think you might have been playing it wrong ;)

I don't blame you though for not liking it. The reason I haven't played it myself is because I like games with a bit more structure. Slender relies on the player scaring themselves as much as it scares them.

NastyPasty said:
Thanks to people for explaining it, I may look into getting it now just to explore. Is it download and does it cost? Sorry to so experienced. I have to admit, I fancy this 'Amnesia', too. What's all that about? :)

If you watch the trailer I think you'll get the idea:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M627-obxNzg[/youtube]

It's a very good game, the spooky atmosphere is second to none, I highly recommend it. Just be prepared for a couple of sleepless nights.

Slender is 100% free and can be downlaoded here - http://slendergame.com/

As for Amnesia, keep your eye on steam! I got the game for about £6 on there around a year ago (it's £13 atm) http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300 ... uggest__13 (There is also a free demo of Amnesia there)

Steam ALWAYS put it on offer every event! And seeing as the next one is Hallowe'en I think you'll be in luck! ;)

Amnesia is amazing for the story but isn't ANYWHERE NEAR as stressful as playing Slender. It gets SO intense 6 pages in, it's horrible!

Tim said:
BigAl said:

If you were trying to find the Slenderman I think you might have been playing it wrong ;)
So that's where I was going wrong! No seriously, I wanted to find him but my torch died so it was too dark to really see him anyway. :p