• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Smiler vs Nemesis

Smiler or Nemesis

• Smiler

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 103 89.6%

• Total voters
If Smiler was built by B&M it’d be in top 10 in the world

Because it wouldn’t be rough?

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

While this topic will remain open for the time being, let's keep it to discussion and debate about the two rides please. There's no need to be having personal arguments on a public topic - please take that to PM if you wish to do that.

Alright you got me. Anyway the original Nemesis is gone now so there can’t be a comparison until we ride Nemesis 2. It will take years for the ride to feel as intense as the original. Look how long it took Inferno to feel forceful
You can only really say that if you rode Nemesis in 1994 and near the end of it's life. The only way you could have ridden it in 1994 is if your dad went on it :)

Can't wait for you to ride the new one then tell us it's rough or jolty or slow and not intense anymore

Last edited:
You can only really say that if you rode Nemesis in 1994 and near the end of it's life. The only way you could have ridden it in 1994 is if your dad went on it :)

Can't wait for you to ride the new one then tell us it's rough or jolty or slow and not intense anymore
Out of curiosity, how was Nemesis in its opening years. I’ve heard it did take a little time to get up to speed but apart from that I know nothing.

Honestly if it’s slightly more intense than Inferno I will be happy. When the original closed in 2022 it was so intense that re riding it wasn’t easy. I’m not as big on intensity as other people I just love airtime and hangtime

Smiler and Saw don’t have that same intensity so that’s probs why I find them more re rideable. I know @Matt N mentioned he finds Smiler nauseating but fortunately I don’t have that problem so re riding it is quite easy for me. I usually just stop re riding things when I get a headache, which on Saw took about 5 goes and I’d had enough so actually maybe it’s not that re rideable😂

Out of curiosity, how was Nemesis in its opening years. I’ve heard it did take a little time to get up to speed but apart from that I know nothing.
Memories of experiences like this fade with time. But I don't remember the helix being as intense in its early years, or the pull up into the loop which got quite forceful in it's very latter years. I do distinctly remember however that it was incredibly smooth. And I mean really smooth. Especially after you'd just got off The Beast, Black Hole or Corkscrew.

In its early years, it was fast and smooth, I remember one of my co workers needing assistance getting off the ride, it was too intense for her, after years of loving coasters.
It did take a bit of time to warm up on cold days, but then most coasters do.
If it did speed up over time, it was very marginal.

That was the situation with my fellow worker...
She four foot six, me six foot four, the kids used to love calling us mum and dad on outings.
Had to help her out of her seat, and support her walking away.
Did nemesis about ten times a year for work in the first few seasons.
Reward activity for a lot of well behaved kids, that and the Big One...those were the days.

here's some pics from 2006Img_1710.jpgIMG_1711.JPGImg_1712.jpgIMG_1713.JPGImg_1714.jpgImg_1716.jpgIMG_1718.JPGIMG_1719.JPGIMG_1720.JPGIMG_1721.JPGIMG_1722.JPGIMG_1723.JPGIMG_1724.JPGIMG_1730.JPGIMG_1737.JPGIMG_1739.JPGIMG_1740.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1741.JPG
    IMG_1741.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1747.JPG
    IMG_1747.JPG
    539.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1748.JPG
    IMG_1748.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1749.JPG
    IMG_1749.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Img_1751.jpg
    Img_1751.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1752.JPG
    IMG_1752.JPG
    419.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1754.JPG
    IMG_1754.JPG
    332.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    357.1 KB · Views: 12
Unless I'm completely misremembering it, didn't Nemesis used to have the on-ride photo taken on the first Corkscrew? Those four reflective strips on the box section seem to confirm my memory. Does anybody remember when it moved to the current location after the helix?

Unless I'm completely misremembering it, didn't Nemesis used to have the on-ride photo taken on the first Corkscrew? Those four reflective strips on the box section seem to confirm my memory. Does anybody remember when it moved to the current location after the helix?
Thats how I remember it…. But…… I couldn’t find any concrete evidence either way.

I remember not riding it for a long period of time and being surprised there was no camera flash after the first Corkscrew.

Maybe as a guess somewhere between 2013 and ?