• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Smoothest rollercoasters per park?

Over the shoulders are becoming less common it seems, but are still a staple for some reason. I can understand why back in the day, but not now.
Remember a few things:
Vest restraints often require some tightening mechanism, this will cost more and require more maitanence.

A park may already use a type of over the sholder (e.g b and m) and so would only require one set of parts for both rides

Some enthusiasts really hate them (for some reason).

I don’t think it’s an enthusiast issue, they’re the style of restraint most likely to result in head banging.
I was referring to vest restraints, some entusiasts hate them I am not sure on the reason, although I think it is manly because they don't like how much it restricts them and they clam it makes air time worse???

I know a few people who have chest problems who dislike them because of how tight it can be arround their chests.

I was referring to vest restraints, some entusiasts hate them I am not sure on the reason, although I think it is manly because they don't like how much it restricts them and they clam it makes air time worse???

I know a few people who have chest problems who dislike them because of how tight it can be arround their chests.

Ah i see. I much prefer them personally and they seem a lot better for children or smaller people in general. Being pinned does contribute to a rides smoothness i think.

Only issue we've had is my son can't wear his ear defenders with them as they won't fit over. Though i think generally on inverting coasters he has to remove them anyway so fairly moot. Was nice at Efteling having a bag on an inverting coaster in Python as meant i could put them back on him as soon as it finished. The Mandrill Mayhem station at Chessington has this awful continuous high pitched screeching (possibly to do with the launch magnets) that is basically torture for him.

Was sure to only reference particularly smooth coasters to keep things on topic too ;)