• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Something magical about this park

drumx7

TS Member
This theme park is very very big, with the many themes of the park from east which has the smiler, to north which has thirteen, to west which has nemesis to south where the big pond is.

Then you the have the gardens.

Just walking around feels magical, cutting through the gardens.

Including the many background music being played.

The car park, one which is humongous.

I've been here at first as a 13 year old is 2003 and three times in 2019 and again in 2022.

It's just magical, I feel a sense of sadness when i leave.

Alton towers has got to be one of best amusement parks in the world.

I think you're in the wrong place with that kind of enthusiasm.

We’ve already got a very enthusiastic member here in [mention]Matt N [/mention], I’m sure there’s room for another one. Welcome Drumx7, I’m glad that you have such love for the park.

I suppose we wouldn't be here if we never had that special feeling about the place at some point. It's mainly the operations that have let the place down in more recent times. It'll always have the brilliant location, house, gardens etc though (unless we get nuked by Russia or something).

Alton Towers is a truly magical place. Even though I sometimes complain about accommodation and food prices, I 100% love every visit there. I always feel sadness when I leave.
I challenge any of you other people on this forum to disagree and say that you don't like it any more or that it has completely lost its magic.

It also has to be said that Alton Towers has a formidable roller coaster line-up with some of the most innovative rides and incredible themes out there especially given the unique challenges that come with building in an area of natural beauty full of historic buildings.
Agreed. I think that some of us are a little spoilt because they go to Towers (or even other parks such as EP that are even better) too often.

In a hundred years without maintenance, the gardens would be overgrown with weed trees and completely unrecognisable, no paths, no views of any kind that we have now, even the lawns would be completely gone.
Unfortunately, the rides would still be standing.
Nature waits for no thoosie.

Have to agree with Drumx7 on this one. I'm 51 but always feel like a kid again when I visit AT. There is a magic that works on me, that I don't get anywhere else.

It doesn't need fibreglass castles, huge commercial IP's (or any IP's at all, someone please tell Merlin) or to be the trendy thing of the month.

It has its own magic.

I love visiting Alton Towers, it’s one of my favourite places to go. It has a great line up of coasters and it’s setting is beautiful, historic and unique.

Best park in the world? For me no. But I want it to be one of the best and it sure has the potential.

What a refreshing post 🥰 It's great to see some wonder & awe still remaining! I've been an enthusiast for nearly 30 years, spending most of my working life in the rides operations, ents & events sector for some of the biggest companies in the World & visiting parks all over... but this is actually my first time posting in the community! I've always been lurking in the shadows of every forum, too scared to post 😂 So hello everyone, I'm a big fan of you all!

Watching the magic turn to disillusionment has been really quite bleak; Theme parks should be a place to suspend your disbelief and step out of reality, like a portal of sorts! AT has the potential to be truly special again - a powerful contender on the World stage; I'm positive about the next few years, not just for AT but the UK Theme Park offering as a collective. It feels like there's a buzz building, one that's been missing for some time!

Out of interest @drumx7 - what is the attraction you love most at Alton Towers?