• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sort Thread By Most Liked

AirFAN

TS Member
Hey

I wondered if it was possible to add a function to be able to sort a thread into order of most liked posts?

For myself it can be quite overwhelming if a thread has 50+ pages (I'm not likely to sit here and read it all), being able to sort by most liked would allow me to read the most relevant/interesting points discussed.

Just a thought!

Hey

I wondered if it was possible to add a function to be able to sort a thread into order of most liked posts?

For myself it can be quite overwhelming if a thread has 50+ pages (I'm not likely to sit here and read it all), being able to sort by most liked would allow me to read the most relevant/interesting points discussed.

Just a thought!
Sadly that's not a default option in our forum software Xenforo so isn't available I'm afraid!

On a personal note, I'd probably say sorting simply by reactions isn't a reliable method of getting the best posts out of the topic - especially when a 50 page topic could be months or even years old. Some people also use a reaction to indicate they've read a post, rather than actually finding the post useful, others might refrain from liking at all/rarely or for example only react with a laughing emoji rather than find it actually relevant or interesting.

From a practical point of view, if the option were available it could also potentially cause problems as people would be more likely to reply to older posts when the discussion has long since moved on from it.

On a similar note, is there a way for members to view which of their own posts have had the most reactions?

You can view your reaction history, and I won’t lie, I’d be interested to see which posts of mine have received the most reactions over the years. It could also help members to structure their posts in a manner that people find helpful and get value from by seeing what features people value most in their posts.

We don't have a way to view posts based on reactions unfortunately, and there are no plans to bring one back with a mod or similar customisations.

It was a feature we used to have with different forum software, however we also found at that time that it wasn't utilised in a positive manner, and unfortunately some people were inclined to use reactions as a status rather than a post feedback tool, which we didn't believe to be helpful to the community overall, as we encourage all members - regardless of how much or indeed how little they contribute - to be equal and valued.

Thanks.