• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Southport Pleasureland

They had a travelling Pinfari though...
They erected it, left it to rust without opening for a couple of years, right on the edge of the park next to the road...as dodgy advertising.
Then they took it down again.
Money talks, big unfunded ideas don't get past the planning stage.
Did the advertised new "Discovery" section promised for the zoo area actually open as promised last year?
Lots of bullshit plans that rarely come to fruition.
They did get it running for a few seasons didn't they? Or is that just RCDB being wonky?

Rode it in 2019 and 2022. Can't say I was very impressed with it.

Visited in 2021 and it wasn't open, possible that day it might've opened later but I'd already left the park about 2 hours after it opened. Went to ride The Rocket and as they were doing 50% off wristbands I didn't need to ride too much to get my moneys worth.

Forget the coaster farce for a second.....did the steam punk area even open and if so was it a bit naff?

Should they be doing big announcements if they don't have the dosh set up to make them happen?
"Trying and failing" four full years in a row is a bit duff...
They never made any announcements about the coaster massively publiced, it was simply a planning application, we don't know what stopped them building it or anything.

Forget the coaster farce for a second.....did the steam punk area even open and if so was it a bit naff?
Yes it did open. The marketing went completely dark, I'm assuming it'll be advertised for 2024?
They're meant to be retheming the Ghost Train as part of it too apparently.

The rides include;
Enigma - a gyroswing
Ultra - a booster
Paradox Engine - a miami in a shed
Existing Waveswinger, Rocket rollercoaster and Ghost Train

Here's a video showcasing the area. Looks more permanent than the rest of the park which is good

Last edited:
They never made any announcements about the coaster massively publiced, it was simply a planning application, we don't know what stopped them building it or anything.
They did.
I followed the matter closely at the time.
It wasn't "simply a planning application", there was a great deal of publicity at the time, on radio, local press, and regional tv.
They had planning permission, the reason that two new coasters haven't been built is that they didn't have the resources, full stop.
I think it might have been better if they fully resourced a new project before getting planning and going public with their big ideas, that is what normally happens isn't it?

Yes it did open. The marketing went completely dark, I'm assuming it'll be advertised for 2024?
They're meant to be retheming the Ghost Train as part of it too apparently.

The rides include;
Enigma - a gyroswing
Ultra - a booster
Paradox Engine - a miami in a shed
Existing Waveswinger, Rocket rollercoaster and Ghost Train

Here's a video showcasing the area. Looks more permanent than the rest of the park which is good

Yeah it looks okay I suppose. Not amazing by any modern day standards obviously but as you say compared to the rest of the park it's practically Universal standards. Hahaha

This place once was a really charming park that actually looked really nice. It's true it never had an abundance of great rides back in the day but it was still a solid day out. It's a shame it became a permanent fair ground for years.

Nice to see them trying to bring it back to the good old days again but it's going to take so much more investment to entice me back. They definitely need a really good and unique coaster to bring in some people.

So just came across a post by Norman Wallis on Facebook group “Stand up for Southport” and Norman commented with the following picture. However it looks like Gerstlauer are now making the new coaster :)
So it's Gerstlauer's take on Zamperla's take on a Gerstlauer Euro Fighter, looks interesting. Is that first element a zero-g stall or is it a double inverting element like on Untamed or the Lagoon roll on Cannibal?

Last edited:
That looks pretty good. Finally that place is getting some well deserved investment after 17 years 🙌
Sorry, but I gave up believing in Father Christmas many decades ago.
This is his third "go" at building a big new coaster...not seen a thing built.
Showman talk, at the start of a new season.
Anyone would think he was looking for free advertising...again!
More chance of Knightmare arriving.