• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Spaces appearing when I'm writing/quoting

QTXAdsy

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Black Hole
Ok, this is something that I'm not too sure what is happening but recently I just got a new phone but I have found a problem whenever I write or quote a message something. Whenever I write, it seems to either combined multi quotes as one and it leaves many giant spaces whenever I write which has never happened to me before though I must say TS isn't the only place this is happening on as any other forum site I'm on does this whenever I'm on my phone. I've tried using the TS app though it just seems to crash whenever I use it so it is likely just my phone though it is really annoying me and I'm not sure how to fix this unless someone has had the same problem before.

Only way I can write without any problems is on a computer but that can be an utter faff just to make a response so I'm really stumped at what's happened here. Please help.

Ok, this is something that I'm not too sure what is happening but recently I just got a new phone but I have found a problem whenever I write or quote a message something. Whenever I write, it seems to either combined multi quotes as one and it leaves many giant spaces whenever I write which has never happened to me before though I must say TS isn't the only place this is happening on as any other forum site I'm on does this whenever I'm on my phone. I've tried using the TS app though it just seems to crash whenever I use it so it is likely just my phone though it is really annoying me and I'm not sure how to fix this unless someone has had the same problem before.

Only way I can write without any problems is on a computer but that can be an utter faff just to make a response so I'm really stumped at what's happened here. Please help.

Are you using Tapatalk? I have big issues making posts using Tapatatalk on iOS as it often massively lags as I’m typing meaning that it’s very hard to type replies. I believe this is a general Tapatalk issue rather than one specifically related to this forum.

I'm using a Samsung A23 and honestly I'm not sure if this is Tapatalk or just the browser I'm using which on my old phone was the exact same and had no problems there so I'm not sure what has happened here. Either way, I can't quote a message as when I'm writing, it ends up within the quoted message itself and as I'm trying to delete it, it starts spamming many spaces some 10 down in which I lost track whenever it goes and I end up just giving up writing on it. I'm baffled at why this happens not mention why the TS app keeps crashing on me.

What browser are you using on your phone?

If it is the inbuilt 'Samsung' browser (and not Chrome, Firefox, Brave etc) that could well be the cause, as unfortunately the in-built browsers in Android OS provided by manufacturers are notorious for not supporting modern web technology very well, and I would recommend switching to common browser from the App Store.

I do find I have issues using the multi-quote tool on mobile and it'll often end up 'writing' outside of what you can actually see in the text area, and find I need to drag the cursor around a bit to get it formatted right.

What browser are you using on your phone?

If it is the inbuilt 'Samsung' browser (and not Chrome, Firefox, Brave etc) that could well be the cause, as unfortunately the in-built browsers in Android OS provided by manufacturers are notorious for not supporting modern web technology very well, and I would recommend switching to common browser from the App Store.

I do find I have issues using the multi-quote tool on mobile and it'll often end up 'writing' outside of what you can actually see in the text area, and find I need to drag the cursor around a bit to get it formatted right.
Probably that, I use Edge for my phone and not the internet explorer on it. What would you recommend I use?

Probably that, I use Edge for my phone and not the internet explorer on it. What would you recommend I use?

I had this exactly problem. No issues since moving to Chrome browser. Weird why you are getting it with Edge though, as Edge is just a reskinned Chrome. Microsoft Edge uses the exact same Chromium back end as Google Chrome does.

Edge should be okay, it’s a modern browser.

Sadly however I’m out of suggestions as to what it could be.

Can you screen capture a brief recording of it doing it so can perhaps understand what’s happening better?

If you can’t attach it here just sent it to [email protected] instead.

Thanks!