• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Splash Landings Stay

Spark

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Guys

I've stayed over at the AT hotel a few times now and have just booked to stay again next month but I chose to stay in the splash landings hotel.

I should of asked before I booked I suppose but are the rooms in a better condition than ATH?

Does anyone have any pictures of the rooms in the splash side?

My girlfriend has not stayed there before so I'm hoping it's not to shabby lol

I prefer the rooms in Splash myself. They are smaller, but (very slightly) better themed than standard ATH rooms.

Depends who you are going with.

If we go as a family we tend to book Splash as you are guaranteed a double bed and a bunk bed. If its just us 2 we go for ATH as its a little more grown up.
We had fallen out with ATH due to the manky bathrooms but as they are getting an refurb it will probably become our main choice again.

Tip for booking either hotel:
ATH - ask for a garden view room
Splash - ask for a waterpark view room

You don't want to be paying Altons rates and getting a view of some rock faces with mould on them.

I love Splash to stay in, ATH to eat in. The rooms are just more themed in Splash, you feel like you're actually in a themed hotel, rather than a slightly out of date Travelodge (just my opinion, before anyone takes offence!)

You are nice and close to the waterpark, close enough to walk there in your costume with a towel around you, which is good as those changing rooms are awful. As you can use facilities across both hotels you are free to go and have a nice meal and early evening drink over in ATH, before coming back to Ma's for some later drinking time!

Also, if you are staying for more than one night it is policy for you to have a water park view. ;D

By the way, there are pictures of the rooms on the Alton Towers website.

Here are a few photos of the Splash rooms taken from the TS resort guide:

img_0013_595_towerstreet_sign_clean.jpg

img_0015_595_towerstreet_sign_clean.jpg

img_0017_595_towerstreet_sign_clean.jpg

img_0020_595_towerstreet_sign_clean.jpg

Perfect, might call up again and ask to ensure they put me in a waterpark viewed room

Thanks for the pictures, it does look nice and themed better than the ath.

Looking forward to trying out the new pizza outlet too