• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

I actually think the comparison with Europa-Park's Camp Resort is reasonable. Both are budget options, with communal washing areas. The big change we seem to know of is that Europa has Silverlake Saloon (which attracts people not even staying at the campsite) whereas this place will have a burger van.

The burger van was only on the original plans, any additional food offerings have been scrapped (presumedly to save some £££).

No doubt they'll try and squeeze a few more tables in to the already cramped Crooked Spoon School Canteen.

:)

Seriously - this development of sheds could finish the resort hotels. The entertainment areas, bars, restaurants, waterpark will just become too over crowded to the extent it will put people off staying.

So last night I had a rather messed up nightmare...

We were on a meet, and staying in these sheds. But the one and only ablutions block was out of order. Ten minute drunken hike, wearing a dressing gown, in the rain, to ATH at 3:45 am for an emergency wee.

It was horrible. I mean, I was in a Merlin park. Urgh!

I personally wouldn't stay in one of these barrels, for obvious reasons, not suitable for my wife being wheelchair bound. I can't see these being suitable for families with children either.

However, looking at it from a positive point of view, these accommodation would be ideal for solo guests or couples who are looking for a cheap nights accommodation, providing that Alton don't charge no more than £25 per person. If people are prepared to pay anything over the odds when these first open due to supply and demand, then more fool them.

Shockingly bad decision. Yes they need to invest in the resort..... But the resort wouldn't be there if it were not for the theme park. And thats where the investment is needed badly.

It wouldn't even be so bad if the accommodation was well done with extra infrastructure. Instead they're just trying to keep people overnight for as little cost as possible (to themselves), all the while putting extra pressure on the existing restaurants, bars and entertainment.

Or.... and here's a crazy idea... They could keep the park open for more than three hours a day, run the rides properly, and scrap fastrack. That way you could do the park in a day and wouldn't have to stay overnight just to get more than four rides done.

Theres going to be a serious health and hygiene issue with those shower blocks.

I count 100 pods and 12 showers (6 Male 6 Female)
Pods sleep 4 so if you have full occupancy evenly mixed you've got 400 people trying to grab a shower all at the same time because they want to get to park opening.

Even at half capacity and a assuming 5 minutes per shower you are talking an hour and a half of constant use. I just can't see this working out at all.

It's going to STINK!

I wonder if the toilet block will be open before 11am? Or will they staggered them.

Start your day of queuing with the toilet and shower block. I wonder how many people will venture over to the main hotels to use the toilet just to bypass the queues outside the toilet block.

I wonder if Fast track will also be available for the toilet/shower block