• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

It was such a good idea, if they'd pushed it as a place to escape to from the hotels with just a tiny bit of effort put in it it could have been a success. Oh well.

The joy of tipi...it is nothing but a large fabric tent.
Famous for construction or removal in a single day.
If the big top at the circus can be fully erected in half a day...what chance Towers?
Another cock up.

They should make the old top quest cafe a takeaway bar for drinks and snacks.

Have a small bowling alley (prebookable) and some arcades in the building there open in the evenings.

If people want to spot image with sticks or watch entertainment they can go to the hotels.

This is a small scale site [20 units] though they're completely self-contained with bathroom and kitchenette. Keen prices too by the looks of it.

From Twin Lakes site [small-scale family theme park, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire].

Disclaimer: don't work at TL or AT or anywhere in theme park industry.

They should make the old top quest cafe a takeaway bar for drinks and snacks.

Have a small bowling alley (prebookable) and some arcades in the building there open in the evenings.

If people want to spot image with sticks or watch entertainment they can go to the hotels.

What building? As far as I know that cafe building is just that, a small kitchen to provide cafe services. They need to build something new to replace the tipi as a permanent bar venue for the pods and lodges.

What building? As far as I know that cafe building is just that, a small kitchen to provide cafe services. They need to build something new to replace the tipi as a permanent bar venue for the pods and lodges.
Yeah the tree top quest building is used for pods check in, and the takeaway counter is used for breakfast. Ideally they should extend the crooked spoon (like they originally planned). Make a bigger outdoor area too it and include a bar for just drinks.

Yeah the tree top quest building is used for pods check in, and the takeaway counter is used for breakfast. Ideally they should extend the crooked spoon (like they originally planned). Make a bigger outdoor area to it and include a bar for just drinks.
Yep extend Crooked Spoon and then additionally I would do entertainment on the lawns outside the pods during the summer weekends and holidays, set up a small gazebo outdoor bar and just have kid friendly outdoor activities. I think Warwick Castle do similar in their glamping area, there is a bar attached to the restaurant but almost all the entertainment is outdoors.

Yep extend Crooked Spoon and then additionally I would do entertainment on the lawns outside the pods during the summer weekends and holidays, set up a small gazebo outdoor bar and just have kid friendly outdoor activities. I think Warwick Castle do similar in their glamping area, there is a bar attached to the restaurant but almost all the entertainment is outdoors.
The original lodge extension had plans for an outdoor entertainment area with food and drink vans. But that was replaced by the pods.

It looks a lot better than years gone by. Nice to see they finally got round to cutting the grass as well.

Shame the price of staying is still not reflective of the product.

Shame the price of staying is still not reflective of the product.
I still don't think it's horrible. I just checked the price for tomorrow night, the public price with no discount for two adults is £90 with breakfast and golf.

Last time we camped at Callow Top before heading to the park (about 25 mins away), it was £40 for two adults. No golf, no breakfast, under canvas, in our own tent. I really don't think the prices are that out of whack.

I still don't think it's horrible. I just checked the price for tomorrow night, the public price with no discount for two adults is £90 with breakfast and golf.

Last time we camped at Callow Top before heading to the park (about 25 mins away), it was £40 for two adults. No golf, no breakfast, under canvas, in our own tent. I really don't think the prices are that out of whack.

I wasn’t sure but do you pay for theme park tickets on top? Also does this go for all of there accommodation.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although that is a reasonably fair price, I guess the issue is that Premier Inn is often a similar price for an actual room with an en suite bathroom. Or for £125 you can stay at the Chained Oak with a full English instead of just a roll and a drink.
I think for most of the season £70 is probably a better price for the pods. Unless they start offering a full breakfast. They could use Towers St restaurant again, allow guests in from 8.30am and give hotel/pod guests a voucher to have breakfast in the park.