• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Rides

This is a slide, not a ride, but have you ever seen a trapdoor waterslide without the trapdoor capsule?

How is that even safe?!

Well from the video it would seem you cannot enter the slide area at the top until the person whose gone in front has exited the splash pool and pressed the button you see at the end.

Clearly the park/country trusts it patrons to stick to these rules.

Plus I remember as a kid going to all manner of play houses etc with drop/death slides which would have a minimal at best amount of supervision.

I remember refusing to do a (not water) slide at Wonderland (now Wheelgate) and that had 1 staffer at the top, that was it and that was a vertical slide with bags

Last edited:
Well that is a much easier way to achieve the same effect!

As for the safety, I'm not thinking so much about ensuring the splash pool is empty, more that should you be swinging forward a little there's a good chance of smashing your chin off of your face on the roof of the slide when you let go of the pole.

Related to the above, the sketchiest slide I've ever seen was at Crocky Trail. It's not a waterslide but it's a enclosed drop slide where the slide curves away from you. I couldn't figure out how they intended you to ride it - maybe you were supposed to just jump backwards off the starting platform and hope for the best, or maybe sit on the edge like a normal drop slide but ride facing the slide surface? Neither option really appealed to me, in the end I think I lowered myself down backwards then let go when I was already in the slide, which was the only method I could think of that seemed unlikely to result in a trip to A&E

The water park at Duinrell all the slides were basically unstaffed and used the traffic light system of when to go. Just meant you'd not hang around once you hit the water.

They had a self operated trapdoor slide were you'd close yourself in and the button to lock and operate the trapdoor was in with you. Even a button to cancel it if you decided against it.

The water park at Duinrell all the slides were basically unstaffed and used the traffic light system of when to go. Just meant you'd not hang around once you hit the water.

They had a self operated trapdoor slide were you'd close yourself in and the button to lock and operate the trapdoor was in with you. Even a button to cancel it if you decided against it.
Aren't most of the slides at Rulantica unstaffed?