• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sundown Adventureland [SUNDOWN SCOOP]

LewisNavex

TS Member
Favourite Ride
EuroSat
TTD_300_000000021.jpg

Sundown Adventureland is located near Retford in Nottinghamshire. The park has been around for many generations, being around for my parents when they were kids and I have been sure to visit there at least once a year every year since the year I was born. The Park is specifically designed for the under 10's however it is practically the keep safe of my chlidhood memories, mostly because the park has barely changed over the years. Despite being such a small child oriented park, Sundown delivers excellent themed attractions and areas which are sure to warm the hearts of every guest!

After entering the park, you find yourself in the Sundown Market Square Pets Corner...

Market Square
market1.jpg

The Sundown Pets Corner or Market Square as it is more commonly known nowadays is arguably the most iconic area of the park. A magical area of fairytales, talking animals, spooky witches and even Santa's workshop to be discovered here, with plenty of interactivity and adventure!

Witches Cauldron
witches1.jpg

A spooky fully interactive adventure! Dare you enter the witches cauldron?

The Pet Shop
The choir of animals in the Magical Sundown Pet Shop are ready to perform their opening number! Press the buttons and discover what these mischievous pets have got to sing about! (These animatronics scared the hell out of me as a kid!)

Santa's Sleigh Ride (Festive BENCH)
Take a seat on one of Santa's magical sleigh's. And be transported to the North Pole to discover the wonderful sights, sounds and smells of Santa's workshop and be back home in time for Christmas! A truly magnificent and magical sleigh ride that's available all year round!
xmas3.jpg

Shotgun City
sc10.jpg

Yeee Haa! Welcome partners to Shotgun City Sundown Cowboy Town! Fantastic themed area with games, shows and plenty of attractions to choose from. You'll be staying here for a long while that's for sure!

Singalong Animatronic Show
Not exactly the greatest animatronic show in the world but is sure to put a smile on your face! A peek'a'booing Indian and talking dog are the highlights! Laugh out Loud Entertainment for all ages!

The Rocky Mountain Railroad ride
rmr6.jpg

Waterfalls, Grizzly bears and bandit infested tunnels are featured on the Rocky Mountain Railroad! Raise your right hand a wave goodbye to everybody on the platform, because after you experience the dangers of Calamity Canyon who knows if you'll return!?

Smugglers Cove
sm3.jpg

ARGH! Welcome me' harteys to Sumgglers Cove! A massive soft play area with a full size Pirate ship to explore!

Boozy Barrel Ride
bbr2.jpg

Step into a barrel shipmates! And prepare to set sail! But don't expect to be returning dry!

Lollipoppet Castle
lc1.jpg

A sweet haven for all! A massive interactive castle that will tantalize your taste buds and have your sweet tooth aching as you explore the Lollipop kingdom!

Sundown Farmyard
Sundown Tractor Ride
tt3.jpg

The Only Tractor Ride in the world to have a Switchback. Superbly themed adventure! Which tractor will you get? Each one is individually named!

Sherwood Forrest
Robin Hood Ride
rh6.jpg

Welcome to Sherwood Forrest, home of Robin Hood! Have you ever seen such ENORMOUS oak trees!?

Storybook Land
A fairytale village which you're free to explore! Step inside each house for interactivity galore!

Toy Town
toy3.jpg

Mind your head! This tiny town is a one of a kind experience! Fireman, Doctor or Butcher? Who will you be this playtime?

Conclusion

Sundown really is a magical place for everyone to enjoy and is well worth a visit for any Theme Park / Magic enthusiast! Some TST members took a visit last Christmas which is definitely when sundown is at it's best! With added attractions and shows to experience, and I think you can tell by our faces it get's our seal of approval!

390055_2537839880102_965516200_n.jpg

TST Members: Lewis.Navex, Ellie, Natalie, DiogoJ42, Stu, Gazag and friends. SamB, ThomasM, JoshC, DanM,

For more Information on this wonderful park, and a full attraction list and downloadable map visit their website at:
http://www.sundownadventureland.co.uk

Please discuss Sundown Adventureland related posts below, including the new Angry Birds themed play park opening Summer 2012!

loader.aspx

We need a reconnaissance mission to gain more pictures! I too have been going since I was a few months old and would go every year on Christmas eve in a ploy to tire me,my sister and my cousins out! I have atleast two friends who work there as rides operators/hosts.

I used to visit a lot as a kid and loved the place. I have to agree with the theming, infact it's probably got the best theming of any non M£rlin park in the UK. ;D

Looks very similar to the Gullivers attractions dotted around the country, and that's probably not a bit thing! Indeed, I find myself surprised as to why I've never previously heard of the place.

It is hands down one of the best childrens parks I have ever visited.

Its got some amazing indoor play areas for bad weather and some pretty unique rides - its been going for years too, and long may it continue.
Im excited to see the Angry Birds play area, I know its only a themed play park - but its an IP and something they have never tried before. Good on em.

I think it's cool that they haven't ruled out a angry birds themed ride as that area of the park is neglected atm. Although they might need more space soon or risk loosing some of their classic attractions. I am still up for a visit just before christmas again with maybe a meal out in Lincoln which is close by?

There are pictures of me in the loft enjoying this place! Although I think back then it was called Pet's Corner? I only remember snippets about it, the little boat ride was there I can remember that but it definitely wasn't as built up as that.

My aunty went a while ago:

309306_10150827283160621_1366294544_n.jpg

306409_10150827285670621_1127949382_n.jpg

297233_10150827286840621_1549007332_n.jpg

296787_10150827288060621_1563963097_n.jpg

300807_10150827284670621_857041958_n.jpg

309413_10150827283565621_312954471_n.jpg

Hands down the best, most impressive theming in the UK and I'd dare to say as good or if not even better than Disney. I love Sundown with a passion, I have so many memories of the place as a child! That warm tomato soup at Christmas, seeing the ice Queen as the queue for Santa was too big and my most favourite picture of all, my late grandfather stood next to my Gran near the monkey swings.

I hope when I'm old enough to have children they want to go to Sundown. I hope the bear sign is still outside as well?!

I am planning on going on Sunday with Lewis to take some photos for Sundown Scoop especially of Angry Birds!

Sooooooo Sundown has been neglected on this forum. However it turned 50 this year! With Mrs Rhodes the owner getting her own themed bench. I would still love this little park to get a small coaster in the future and it's proof that Garmendale do build decent rides!