• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Talking GIBberish - Taking A Joke Too Far

Poisson

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Giant Squid
On the return leg of mine and @MattyH's ill advised foray into Eastern Europe, we began talking about coasters in airports. There is one in a few airports but then Gibraltar was mentioned in Discord and so we decided GIB needs a GIB, and we set @JAperson the task of building it. This started us talking about the GIB and how it starred in a quiz too, then we decided to go and ride it. As usual, this was pretty much the extent of how we planned this trip.

On a mild Friday night in 2022, the roar of an abused car signalled the return of an idiot from Sheffield to Cambridge North, to go and collect another idiot, When the journey reached it's end, these idiots then took really good* pictures of trains.

IMG_20220312_000509.jpg

Then we headed for the inevitable Maccies stop near Heathrow, because what else is open at just shy of 2am? We then headed to parking and caught a bus to the terminal. When we arrived after a spirited drive, Matt tried to take a photo of the bus. I don't know why, we can't photo anything to save our lives. The driver saw this, exited the bus and started aggressively questioning Holland if he was taking a picture of the driver for some reason and took quite a bit of convincing that we are just sad people.

IMG_20220312_032814.jpg

We then wandered through security when it opened and headed for the pub.

PXL_20220312_050908150.jpg

We boarded the plane to find out there paperwork wasn't correct for the flight. I did consider ringing ADIPS but I imagine an Airbus is out of their remit slightly. After all the FAFF we took off and the captain apologised and announced he was putting his foot down to make up time. Coming in to Madrid we saw the mountains, then the fog, then the smoke!?! Thankfully it wasn't in the airport.

IMG_20220312_093228.jpg

We then deplaned and met the most miserable passport control ever who looked briefly at where we'd been, chatted to his mate on the next booth then begrudgingly stamped the passport and threw it back at us. Undeterred we headed down to get the train from Terminal 4S to Terminal 4 because yay trains and through and out to get the hire car. Or we tried anyway except the Golf we were meant to have had no spare tyre. I was then asked if I could drive an auto. I said yes and a Seat Ibiza FR Auto which was a bit battered with many miles on the clock became our chariot of choice.

PXL_20220312_113344956.jpg

Heading toward Madrid we came across the utter carnage and confusion that is the Spanish motorway system with many sub exits inside exits and much confusion for all. Then we found out part of the roads around Madrid are underground, where naturally there are several exits and no GPS signal. Fun. We eventually got back to the surface and into the mess of the back streets with cars dumped seemingly everywhere including the middle of the road and on junctions. We finally ended up roughly where we needed to be and just dumped the Seat in a car park that looked vaguely like it belonged to Parque de Atracciones de Madrid and ran away. End of part 1.

P.s. Thanks to Mike for part of the title inspiration. I'll be breaking the TR more as you are limited to 10 pics per post I believe for TST hosting.

Well I'm disappointed there was no SPOILER tags and progress on the GIB at GIB in GIB has stalled somewhat due to Vekoma building a tilt coaster at Energylandia

PXL_20220312_113930933.jpg

So, heading in, we went to find what could arguably have been the worst ride on appearance and decided to do it first. This was of course, Abismo.

PXL_20220312_114558091.jpg

This is an inverted lift on a Maurer. Sounds awful, some how wasn't and the rest of the ride was pretty fun. In our heads, we had compared it to a Premier Sky Rocket before riding but this was actually comfortable and enjoyable unlike the pile of scrap at Holiday Park.

Next up was a Maurer spinner in the form of Tarantula. Went in with decent hopes and after dealing with the throughput of about 3 a week we rode and it was pretty decent. No Winjas Fear but comparable to Spinball and Dragons Fury.

PXL_20220312_163424860.jpg

This was the start of the problems with the park however. Nothing was moving a queue. I had thought Parque Warner would be the Spanish Thorpe but it seems PdAdM certainly has the Thorpe ops aka 3ppw.

Rotor-Atraccion-Parque-de-Atracciones-de-Madrid-5.jpg

This is Rotor and it was up next. As usual with the pair of us, we saw something odd from the lunatics at Huss and immediately decided we had to ride it. The gondolas rock and rotate and then the entire unit rotates around the tower. This was followed by a wander around the park and seeing the broken suspended monorail.

PXL_20220312_154158017.jpg

PXL_20220312_160025892.jpg

In the distance from the train (coming later), Tren de la Mine. a massive cattle pen awaited us with 1 train service. A miserable time for a rather vibrating ride. Probably not worth the tiredness or the tediousness.

Padrinos Voladores was next, an inverted swinging Zamperla. More fun than expected. Then we did Vertigo which was TERRIBLE. a Mack mouse with all the brakes turned up to 11 and random bits of metal at head height. Not advised. Food was next, it looked really good and tasted really awful. No photos sadly but not good.

PXL_20220312_123018008.jpg

Spited. Was being weld checked and had trees going through it?!
La Maquina is a Huss Frisbee, running an insane cycle. Loved the intensity and the fact unlike Flambards, they sited it properly so instead of smashing into the drive wheel, it rolled quite well. Then we did the Top Spin which locked the gondola upside down and slowly went over and over and over. Unpleasant. Rounding out the day, we saw a train and had to bash it because we are tragic. Yay trains!

As always with our trips, we ended the day with Maccies. In Holland's case, beer. Chicken Wings, in a Maccies anyone?

IMG_20220312_173838.jpg

We would have stayed longer in PdAdM but we were knackered from being up and the horrendous queues were draining. We missed Paw Patrol due to a queue looking AT LEAST 45/50 minutes. Nothing had capacity.

Overall just not a great place to spend time.

A real shame. I loved parc d'attractionnes.

Then again I went in the middle of summer and it was dead.

It was fairly quiet but thanks to such horrendous capacity problems it was just a bit unpleasant. Hopefully get the next part of this up in the next few days

Seem to remember in September 2019 Parque Attraciones, and Parque Warner both didn't fill the airgates until until after a train had arrived and the riders disembarked.

Only had a few hours in the park and really liked it (lengthy queues apart), just felt like it was missing that stand out attraction to draw crowds.

From the trip comfortably the worst and most soul destroying queue I've been in was for the Acme rapids ride.

They definitely have changed since then. Both parks load airgates normally now. PdAdM ops weren't the best but that was probably due to the lack of capacity, PWM was fine.

Right, lets end this sorry saga.

We woke up on day of Parque Warner Madrid to the wonderful scene of Hunger Games Muppets?!

275431815_981007729218428_947973523811289887_n.jpg

After realising the parks don't open early, we eventually wandered out and in to the park.

1.jpg

Time to sweep the creds. First up:

2.jpg

This was followed by Tom y Jerry and then the entire point of coming on this trip. GIB

3.jpg

This was followed by Batman. GIB was great, especially the front but Batman was better. Both really good rides. Superman was next and was not very good. Square wheels ruined what could have been interesting. We then wandered on to the RCCA, Coaster Express. The partial retrack had helped massively but the ride was still incredibly rough on the original parts. Apparently this is a 3 year retrack and they are only 1 year in.

Flat ride wise, the Topspin was way better than PdAdM simply as it didn't cause enormous headaches. The Breakdance 3 was okay enough. The madhouse was okay, the preshow was a bit rubbish but the animatronic and ride were decent.

We basically then spent the day alternating between Batman and Stunt Fall, with the odd stop for more Mezzo mix, before rounding out with the parade.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Overall, quite an enjoyable 3 day trip (we did fly home the next day, but that's boring to write about) and I'd seriously recommend people have a trip out to the parks at some stage.

Nice trip report @Poisson - did you do the Warner water rides ? They're three solid offerings.

@Craig - why does @Poisson's GIF avatar work, but not mine ? :(

@Rick your Gif works for me at the moment but if I go on your profile it stops working, same as @Poisson 's, I think it's probably to do with the cache, and the way the forum processes images, but I may be wrong. @Craig will know more.
Yup, see here, but basically if Xenforo decides to resize a gif for profile pics then it'll be static. So it's an if it works it works thing I'm afraid!

All water rides across both properties were closed except the small boat ride at PdAdM

That's a pity, a backwards airtime hill on a log flume is really something unique.

Really enjoyed Parque Warner when I visited, went two days. Pretty busy but not too bad (except the Acme rapids queue line).

Nice to see that their currently building a big new coaster so it would be nice to visit again in the coming years.

Parque Warner was pretty empty on our visit. Longest queue was 10 mins.

Ridecount
Correcaminos Bip, Bip 1
Tom y Jerry 1
Stunt Fall 5
Batman: Arkham Asylum 8
Superman / la Atraccion de Acero 2
Coaster Express 4
Los Carros De La Mina 1
Hotel Embrujado 1
Lex Luthor 1
La Aventura de Scooby-Doo 1

Extra stuff not mentioned

Scooby Doo makes Duel look good
Parque Warner Madrids Topspin was pretty good
The parade was okay but the soundtrack was one song on a 60 second loop.
I found a toilet cubicle with a sunroof
Lots of work in the middle of the park to do with utilities it seems.

Attachments

• IMG_20220313_194355.jpg
    IMG_20220313_194355.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 6