• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Gen2 Thunderlooper 😀
Bait enthusiasts with nostalgia of naming new ride after much loved former ride = £££

Funnily enough, I did make the idea of my alternative history of Towers is that they would open new rides named after long gone classics such as Black Hole, 80 days etc.

If they were to use this idea of mine then I demand royalties from Merlin/Towers actually going down this path! :p

I think @Poisson is referring to the fact that neither SW3 or SW8 were world firsts.
Technically it was, but importantly that wasn't the reason it was built, and I don't think it was ever used as a marketing point... not least because very few people would have understood what that meant.
Aye, they never went on about anything the ride had then, it was only when SW4 started that the whole Secret Weapon 'World's First' thing started to take off though this might have never had happened had Wardley gotten to build this woodie that was supposed to come after Nemesis and as of result not going on for further SW projects which are nothing more than hit or miss prototype rides (former the likes of Oblivion, Air, Wicker Man and to some extent Smiler and the latter IMO being Thirteen) then you have to wonder how very different Towers would be today if they just built straight up quality coasters.

Not convinced it'll be anything major yet, but someone in a Discord server shared this;

20220626_211321.jpg

Does anyone know exactly where that lake was?

Last edited:
Damn, that's actually quite upsetting, I really liked that view as part of the gardens and seeing the fish with peace and quiet, amongst the lockdowns in 2020, it definitely became somewhere special for me, somewhere you really wouldn't expect at any theme park. Let's hope this is some sort of restoration or better yet installation of a water feature.

Hope the fish are okay...

An S+S 4d does make sense as with their compact size and throughputs they are effectively flat rides.

However Merlin seemed to think they can't market them anymore (probably because they refuse to build good ones).

So a 4D going into X-sector can be easily themed and has a ride cycle that certainly fits the theme of the area.

The ride is unique to the UK and Europe so it'll be completely unique to the customers that actually matter to them.

Plus its an 11th coaster which would give them the current UK record (ahead of Blackpool and Flamingo Land) so again another marketing string and even potential merchandise line.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.