• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm intrigued as to why you think that Towers will somehow be excluded from the capex reduction and what "smaller RTP's" you are referring to that will carry the burden instead?
I should of explained myself more clearly when I meant 'smaller RTP's, I was on about (Some of) the Legoland Parks and Chessington as they are smaller in attendence compared to something like Gardaland or Alton Towers (Heide Park and Thorpe Park are debatable), I also was initially going to post about how Towers might even see the reduced spending in other areas such as Medium or Small investments but I didn't for whatever reason.

Pardon my ignorance, but who's suggesting a B&M is being built at Thorpe in 2020?
Something about Thorpe teasing what they were getting for 2020 at a fan meetup for another site with one of the engineers stating they would like to work with B&M, But anyway, I don't want to be the cause if this thread to goes off-topic.

I think the fact that SW8 isn't the coaster that was initially intended for Forbidden Valley suggests that budgets for big investments at Alton Towers have already been cut.

I'm doubtful we'll see £18m+ spent on SW9 but I hope I'm wrong.

I think the fact that SW8 isn't the coaster that was initially intended for Forbidden Valley suggests that budgets for big investments at Alton Towers have already been cut.

I'm doubtful we'll see £18m+ spent on SW9 but I hope I'm wrong.

It’s a shame no plans were published for that ride would love to see the concept work

Whilst I think it probably was down to budget, ideas do stick around for future attractions. It would be interesting to see if those plans are resurrected and use an RMC Iron Horse track, rather than the likely wooden, planned ride, if SW8 ticked the woodie box.

Whilst I think it probably was down to budget, ideas do stick around for future attractions. It would be interesting to see if those plans are resurrected and use an RMC Iron Horse track, rather than the likely wooden, planned ride, if SW8 ticked the woodie box.

I agree.

It feels a bit like the Eurofighter rumour for the Black Hole site that was going around for years.

This was obviously the inception of the Smiler and I think we will see a similar situation with the FV concept and SW9.

No, I think two in a row is possible. If they get the marketing and advertisement right, I can see it bringing in a fair bit of revenue, overheard many members of the public being pretty amazed and intrigued by the fact it's wooden. I bloody hope they get it right, because this project is practically the showcase for introducing new woodies in the UK. Swarm at TP apparently didn't do this successfully, so it's not going to any easy feat IMO. If they do decide a Woodie no2, I agree with RMC being the best choice to go for...

SW9 will be a coaster. That does not mean that the next high CAPEX at Alton Towers will be a coaster though.

:)

True.... I still think we will eventually see two coasters in FV one behind Air and one where the RMC was to go

For me SW9 has to be a replacement of Rita and alongside it a rehab of dark forest to make it fully coherent or a complete retheme however this is unlikely as thirteen fits well in dark forest and is still a solid ride despite my opinions on it. In preparation for SW9 a flats should be installed in the year before its opening. I would like for SW9 to be a coaster dark ride exploring the dark forest creatures and this would be Pre show based before the ride setting up a chase against a creature and then another show at the MCBR before a more slow paced conclusion. The two shows and conclusion would be based inside and the thrill part would be outside racing through tightly packed trees and hugging the ground.

Sorry, just joined mid thread. I would like SW9 to be a new enclosed rollercoaster to replace Black Hole. I would like it to have more of a more modern Space Mountain - Disneyland Paris style. And I would like it to be situated in the unused "Coaster Corner".
I would like a new flume ride that is more akin to Stormforce 10 than Valhalla, but would hope that it isn't part of the "Secret Weapon" development.
I would also be more than happy to se Thirteen removed to make way for SW10 if need be.

Sorry, just joined mid thread. I would like SW9 to be a new enclosed rollercoaster to replace Black Hole. I would like it to have more of a more modern Space Mountain - Disneyland Paris style. And I would like it to be situated in the unused "Coaster Corner".
I would like a new flume ride that is more akin to Stormforce 10 than Valhalla, but would hope that it isn't part of the "Secret Weapon" development.
I would also be more than happy to se Thirteen removed to make way for SW10 if need be.

Thirteen isn't even 8 years old yet, if anything Rita would be the first to be removed. However as that would actually make sense thematically I don't expect even that to happen at any point in the near future :p

Thirteen isn't even 8 years old yet, if anything Rita would be the first to be removed. However as that would actually make sense thematically I don't expect even that to happen at any point in the near future :p

Just my personal opinion. I've never felt Thirteen as deserving of SW recognition.

Just my personal opinion. I've never felt Thirteen as deserving of SW recognition.
If you don't think a genuine World's First coaster is worthy of an SW tag then you're going to be dead disappointed at the "World's First roller coaster to infuse Wood and Fire" or whatever laughable tag they've put on Wicker Man.

I think Rita needs to be moved to another park and that should be the sight for SW9. If you got rid of Rita, it's associated buildings, the food outlets, lockers, arcade and used the space behind them plus a bit of space behind Burger Kitchen there's a fair bit of room there for a decent launcher. Perhaps a double launch air time machine or something like that.

Alton definitely lacks launches and air time and it could solve the whole Dark Forest theme problem by demolishing the UG Land buildings and creating something that at least wouldn't look out of place next to Thirteen, even if that means the area gets a retheme that matches both coasters.

If Alton lacks launches, then is rita the right ride to get rid of?
A dark launch coaster in coaster corner gets my vote, the shed would help keep the noise down, and if they flooded the floor with a couple of inches of water, they would have a Merlin World First... (I think).
World's First Dark Launch Coaster Over Water.

If you don't think a genuine World's First coaster is worthy of an SW tag then you're going to be dead disappointed at the "World's First roller coaster to infuse Wood and Fire" or whatever laughable tag they've put on Wicker Man.

I think Rita needs to be moved to another park and that should be the sight for SW9. If you got rid of Rita, it's associated buildings, the food outlets, lockers, arcade and used the space behind them plus a bit of space behind Burger Kitchen there's a fair bit of room there for a decent launcher. Perhaps a double launch air time machine or something like that.

Alton definitely lacks launches and air time and it could solve the whole Dark Forest theme problem by demolishing the UG Land buildings and creating something that at least wouldn't look out of place next to Thirteen, even if that means the area gets a retheme that matches both coasters.

This would be perfect

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.