• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Terra Mitica: General Discussion

I was at Terra Mitica yesterday. Lovely park, would have been great to see it when it was a bit younger and fresher. Looks like it was themed to a high standard when first built (but it’s very clear that it’s all from the same era with little added since).

Very thin on the ground in terms of attractions, but the remaining rides were well run and the park was clean and tidy.

Their intamin drop tower was a real highlight, very forceful!

Staff were friendly and maintained decent operations on all rides.

Restaurants not operating - food stands only. Merchandise limited but I did find a nice T-shirt!

I wouldn’t go back unless there was a big new investment, but I don’t think that’ll ever happen. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy myself though, we had a great few hours!

I’m amazed that this park is still operating. It’s a beautiful park but the ‘more style than substance’ thing definitely applies to this park more than any I’ve ever visited.

Shame because I feel like if its potential had been fully realised, it could have been an amazing place.

Definitely felt like it was on life support, almost as if it’s only function was to prop up their on site hotel and villas. “Look what’s in the back yard! A theme park!”

I know this park very well. When built it had the potential to be one of the best parks in Europe, with exquisite theming, shows and landscaping. It failed massively due to the construction being rushed and opening with not a single plot of vegetation or shadow areas. Being there an average spanish summer day at 30' degrees was not a pleasant experience... Even though the issue has been sorted later on, that initial negative impression and the word-of-mouth when comparing it with the greener Port Aventura gave the park a pretty bad reputation among the country (Even the valencian school trips prefered to travel north to PA instead of south to TM) I used to love this park but now it's pretty much a skeleton of it's former self.

Last edited:
As @HectorLucas said I also know the park well. The first 3 or 4 years it was a good park, had promise. The woodie, Collosus was a good ride, shame ut went the way it did.

If there is any park I'd like a Merlin takeover of this is it.