• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thank you from guests of the forum!

TheMan said:
Sorry to tell you Adz, you seem like a nice guy and I genuinely mean no disrespect whatsoever, but seriously, forums are not that important to most of us, that we consistently need to discuss the actions of other ones we don't even necessarily frequent. One or two members may discuss it, especially previous ones - but there are a great multitude of us who to be frank, couldn't give monkeys uncle.

The problem is, this is being constantly discussed on social media by former TTF / TST members. Every day there are comments, tweets and status updates. Some of it is light hearted and amusing. Some of it is definite trolling. Some of it is tiresome to the point where I am hiding people's updates from my timeline. It's just dragging on a bit now.

The team on this site make it clear that they do not want any anti TT discussions on this lovely new site. They can't control what happens outside of the site, and nor should they have to, as individuals are ....well ....individuals, and can post whatever they want on social media. As a long(ish) standing member, I do feel that it does reflect badly on the community (just my irrelevant personal opinion).

People complain that TTF are posting spoiler photos. People then complain that TTF are now hiding said spoiler photo's for members only? What? It doesn't make sense. If people don't like what they are doing, avoid it? Don't follow their Twitter feed, don't Like their Facebook page, don't read the forum. It's quite simple.

Apologies, that was more of a rant than I wanted it to be, but I have been getting really frustrated reading some comments (on social media) recently.

Joel said:
This wasn't anything to do with the split of TT into TS at all as you imply; it was an opinion based upon a recent decision you've obviously made and some people disagree with it. It's not even addressed to you, nor even mentions you, and actually thanks us for not changing anything (again presumably after you have changed something on the basis you've replied here), so I don't see what the issue is, or even any inability to move on as you suggest.

People choose brands, products, services based upon their opinions, and if they wish to share them with others, then so be it if they can justify why and with good reason then there is nothing wrong with that. Obviously we'll take a dim view of people slandering or attacking someone, but neither has happened as far as I can see in this case, rather just your objection to someone's opinion.

We welcome feedback and even seek feedback on matters from our members, and in fact pride ourselves on listening to our members, good or bad, and acting upon it. If someone wishes to thank us for not changing something, then they are welcome to and I'll personally thank Johno for it.

The only animosity I feel being created here is your very suggestion and implication of every piece of trouble coming from TowersStreet Adz, so I don't think you've done anything to help the cause of keeping the peace between the sites. As we've said repeatedly (and yet you have failed to do) if you know it was someone from TowersStreet, then contact a team member about it and we'll deal with it. You've not contacted us once, so I fail to see what this issue is.

You forget that people were upset with what happened at TT, even if it didn't directly involve them. They aren't going to just forget that and live happily ever after - or perhaps to put it in another way, you're not going to get bad service or a bad product from a shop and then just move on quietly and forget about it - if people don't like what a company, entity or organisation have done and object to it, they usually retain that opinion for some time and share it with others - so long as its justified, as I say, so there will always be people that dislike and hate TT, much I'm sure the same about TS.

If people wish to share their justified thoughts here, there or anywhere else about X, Y or Z, then so be it. But there really is no issue here apart from your personal one, which I'm afraid I can not help with.

Sorry, I just want to add to Joel's comments above.

I'm not trying to point score with this thread. It was mealy of a wish to comment to the team here, and suggest to the team here that as a member of this site, I would prefer that the boards etc. were left accessible to all guests.

It's important for me to feel a part of a community that shares, accepts and understands that they might not always be first to use news etc. If you are then you let others share and impart that news to others, if you're not you'd hope the same forums allow you to report the news too.

Dylan said:
People complain that TTF are posting spoiler photos. People then complain that TTF are now hiding said spoiler photo's for members only? What? It doesn't make sense. If people don't like what they are doing, avoid it? Don't follow their Twitter feed, don't Like their Facebook page, don't read the forum. It's quite simple.

The other stuff you posted is personal to you Dylan, which I respect, but this not so much.

I had an opinion on this, because I believe it to be against the spirit of the Towers and the SW's. What is on a public forum regardless of whether it is private or not, makes it way into the general internet and I don't believe that is fair.

To cloak a whole topic discussion however under a private heading is a bit, well odd quite frankly. It would be quite easy to have a hidden part of the forum, to purely post the controversial (which they are, and remain) aerial shots without hiding an entire discussion area. That's like hitting a nail into a wall with a jackhammer.

The photo discussion can affect not only this forum, but the entire project for the towers and was obviously most worthy of discussion and debate. When you host a public forum, you have a duty of responsibility and care.

The post was made on this forum by Adz, and implicated many of us whom have had bugger all to do with it, and quite frankly couldn't give a toss.

That is why I spoke out, and I simply won't tolerate an entire forum of readers, and high quality contributors, being tarred by the bitchy brush, regardless of the fact I am simply a member.

It's not on, and a ludicrous assertion, and astonishingly bereft of any actual truth or fact.

This post may even be slightly frowned on by the mods here (such is their obvious desire to almost OVER emphasise keeping this forum neutral in my opinion!), due to it's slightly caustic nature, but I speak as I find.

A sweeping generalisation was made, that implied many of us were inherently involved. That is clearly overwhelmingly not the case!