• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thanks!

BigDave

TS Member
I know this year hasn't been the best (and that's putting it politely), but I'm sure many of you will want to join me in thanking some great people at the Alton Towers Resort who have made this season more bearable. There really is some great people who work there and they all deserve a well earned pat on the back. Well done guys! :)

Totally agree, on all 3 of my visits this year the staff have been fab and I've no complaints! :)

Special mention, however, to the Sub Terra ride ops (Phalanx Control), they really make the ride great and I'd love to see themed staff on SW7, if they was a way to incorporate them into the rides story...

After the Twirling Toadstools op and the Security this evening, I have to slightly disagree.

There are some good eggs and some really good eggs that you can tell have a real passion for the place and want to see people happy when they leave.

On the other hand, you have people who treat their job as just another job and have no passion or drive to make your day extra special.

I've only visited twice this season but some really great staff made both visits fantastic. So much so in fact that I felt obliged to tell Guest Services about my positive experiences! It's not often someone provides such good service that I feel the need to compliment - but it goes to show how some staff at Towers really go the extra mile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Having only made one visit this year the staff have been great comparing to years gone by, couldnt grumble about anyone who i came in contact with at scarefest.

After visiting many many times this season, more than any other, I have to say I've had fantastic service from the vast majority of them.

Saturday evening I spent 15 minutes speaking to two members of staff in Forbidden Valley, that asked if I wore my Alton Towers badge with pride like they do. They were saying how sad it is for them to go from full time employment, to nothing, in the space of a day. I really feel for them too! They were genuinely lovely people to speak to!

Well done to everyone, and I hope that, should you reapply for the same role, or another on Resort, you are successful in 2012!

I personally loved this year.
I went 3 times this season, all visits were amazing!
All staff I met had a smile on their face...even those operating The Blade! (Must be boring.)

Scarefest actors were in character and were well into it...I discovered this when I was chased by 2 clowns in the pitch black. That was scary!
The SW7 theming progressed, going from the banner in X-Sector to actually creating a maze themed with SW7, using the 'face' as a sort of logo.

Overall, the 2012 season was a blast IMO. Staff were happy, coasters were amazing, everything was just right. Thanks to everyone that made this season amazing!

-Nemmychick.

Ive found this season that the vast majority of staff have been fantastic, the Phalanx Operatives particularly have really embraced their role at the resort, obviously as you get towards the end of season you start to see a few cracks, as staff run out of energy, it's only natural, but the vast majority have given 110%

The admissions staff last night particularly were fantastic! As we left the park at the end of the night they had formed an honour guard around the exit clapping and cheering as the guests left the park. Really generated a fantastic atmosphere, showing the park staff making the park what it is right up until the end!!

Was a shame that there was a slightly unhelpful member of staff in margs last night at the bar, but at the end of the day it's just a small minority that seem to lack the spirit you expect from the resort.

So a big thank you to all the staff that gave it their all this year, your work hasn't gone unnoticed, so if you return next year keep up the good work!

I've had a great season, I really 'like' Nemesis Sub Terra after it's upgrade!

On each visit this year, the staff have really excelled, who interacted with us and made the day more enjoyable! Ocassionally, there is the odd member who isn't particularly pleasent (we all have our bad days!), but the staff really can make a visit that extra bit special!
Had a really good conversation with an Oblivion Host who commented on my SW7 Hoodie :)

Overall, I've loved the 2012 season, and can't wait for 2013 and SW7!

To the future!!