• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The 2014 TST Member Awards - Results TONIGHT

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's probably a bit late to raise this but I'd like to see one day a category of say 'Best International Contributor' or something along those lines. TST is very lucky to have some really excellent contributors from across Europe that I feel really add to this forum and bring great insights.

If I'm allowed to say who I voted for: the reason I thought of this is because I wanted to recognise CorineC's fantastic, insightful and local perspectives on all things Efteling that we otherwise wouldn't get from the (still much appreciated) news that the UK-based posters here contribute. I ended up giving her my vote for best contributor for this reason, despite feeling that there are others who contribute more regularly across a much wider range of discussions (Rob for example would be my obvious choice for this this year but as I wanted to recognise CorineC I put Rob as best poster for his many contributions to worldwide updates as well as Towers photos and comment etc).

It's just a thought but I think would be nice to recognise the international contributions we get. It could be a discretionary team award for example.

Anyway - I realise this is all void as I shouldn't be taking it seriously, but wanted to say it. Best of luck everyone!

(RCT RCT RCT)

Yup certainly one we'll take on board for next year as I'd like to see a couple of new/refreshed awards. We *may* do some team awards, but to be honest they'll mainly be for a laugh rather than anything else. The serious stuff I'm adamant should be voted for by members rather than just dished out :)

Who cares about voting - I'd imagine that we're all agreed that CorineC should win an award as the best international contributor. She should be given it on an exceptional basis because of the dedication and effort she puts in to keeping a foreign-language forum informed about news at her local park, for no benefit to herself.

Just call it a 'Special Award' and give the thing to her, she deserves us making a special effort. :)

Hi guys,

I had a PM asking why the member awards are no longer Tavern related. I suspect in question to the awards chosen to give out.

I'll be honest, I hated having anything to do with the awards. Behind the scenes I thought for our community we gave out far too many, and the year I insisted we only had a handful ended with alot of upset members they didnt get something. So beyond that I didnt touch it again - aside from to tell the team it was on the Tavern calendar.

So I dont think since my year of butchery the awards have changed. Which makes me a little sad, we're stuck at either reducing the awards for more impact - or alternatively - giving an award to so many people they lose effect.

Keeping my own thoughts of the awards a long way away; allow me to point out the main forum team are wonderful and take on so many comments (even if you dont always see the results) - so for next year please contribute to what awards you want / dont want - I tried the same and got nothing back. TowersStreet is about the entire community, so tell the team what you want to see.

Who cares about voting - I'd imagine that we're all agreed that CorineC should win an award as the best international contributor. She should be given it on an exceptional basis because of the dedication and effort she puts in to keeping a foreign-language forum informed about news at her local park, for no benefit to herself.

Just call it a 'Special Award' and give the thing to her, she deserves us making a special effort. :)

Whilst I don't wish to get dragged into a discussion regarding an individual member on the forum publicly, you seem to be assuming your own opinion is one which will be shared by everyone on the forum? That's not something that would necessarily be the case, particularly if people don't follow the Efteling topic. That's also demonstrated in the massive variation of votes we've received for a number of the categories this year.

As I've said already, the awards will always be voted for by members. We stopped handing out "Special" or team awards for good reason, as we wanted them to be completely member focussed (aside perhaps from a few jokey ones). I've already stated I'm more than happy to consider awards for next year, and I'll put up a discussion about that nearer the time. In the meantime though, we'll only have the awards which members have taken the time to vote for.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.