The 5 Tops

Discussion in 'Rest of the World Parks and Attractions' started by Spike, 22nd Jun 2017.

1. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Apologies @D4n; I had a feeling that that one might be controversial.

I admit that including it may have been a bit harsh on my part, so I apologise for that, but I admit that I really didn’t rate it at all. I was even pretty oblivious to the hype the ride gets when I rode it, so I wouldn’t even say that it’s down to disappointment.

In terms of why I didn’t particularly like it, I thought there were big swathes of it that were very dark and didn’t really have much scenery, and I found the whole premise of it a little difficult to follow. I also thought that the transit system was quite jolty, and seemed less refined than the similar systems utilised by companies like Universal.

I feel like objectively, I should rate it a lot higher than I do, but I’ve ridden the ride twice (2014 and 2019), and I’ve got to say that while it wasn’t necessarily a bad ride by any means, I wasn’t especially sold on it either time, and there are numerous dark rides out there that I personally enjoy far more. Maybe I just don’t get what the ride is trying to do, and that’s why I don’t enjoy it much. Or perhaps I just need to give it another go; they do always say that the 3rd time is the charm!

I’m very sorry for my opinion @D4n; I hope you understand.