• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

Does the copyright holder of the tracks or the CD actually matter? Surely there are more exciting things to talk about
Exactly, I thought we were just off handed discussing but apparently it's become a competition. Who actually cares?

I noticed that Duel isn't on the CD. I thought IMAscore made the new Duel track but I'm guessing I was wrong?
That was done in house by Alton Towers
Edit, oops beaten to it

Last edited:
This is needlessly critical, but...
LOL that product photo

CD_545x.png

Resolution
Composition

Straight
Visible logo
In keeping with website photos

Random grass - check!

This is needlessly critical, but...
LOL that product photo

CD_545x.png

Resolution
Composition
Straight
Visible logo
In keeping with website photos

Random grass - check!
Maybe they're trying to be down with the kids by implying the CD has dropped? I understand that is a word used now when songs are released. God I'm getting old...

Last edited:
A lot of people on Facebook are complaining that things like Hex and Nemesis aren't on the CD...

For a more casual visitor it's a very fair point, why should they know or care about rights and producers?

While I kind of understand goons fapping over what has been released, if you were looking to take home the soundtrack of your memories of your time at the park you'd be surprised I'm sure to find a fair few of the parks most prominent and memorable soundtracks not included and a couple of obscurities you won't have heard unless you attended on three specific days and another 6 that'd be unknown unless you've visited specific accomodations included.

You'd certainly question why you had those and not the excellent Hex, Nemesis, Oblivion or (especially excellent and rarely mentioned) Katanga tracks.

Absolutely. I wasn't saying it as a dig at those concerned, just that it shows a slight problem in trying to market something that's not actually easy to market. It's Alton Towers IMAscore music. Calling it Alton Towers music isn't really accurate, but I don't know how you could market it any other way. Most people wouldn't know or care who produces the music, so it complicates things when you have other producers as well.

Ideally they could've included other tracks on a third disc, but maybe that becomes a licencing nightmare and IMAscore wouldn't be happy with that.

You'd certainly question why you had those and not the excellent Hex, Nemesis, Oblivion or (especially excellent and rarely mentioned) Katanga tracks.
Yeah I find it a shame that there's not a real Alton Towers soundtrack CD. It's like a piece of super hyped IMAscore merch rather than a real soundtrack souvenir of Alton Towers.

The park's best soundtracks (of the present day stuff) are still Hex and Nemesis I think. Thank goodness Alton didn't go the Thorpe route and redo their entire park with IMAscore!

Even though I like a lot of the old park music, I don't really have an issue with it not being a full soundtrack. I'm assuming a lot of the content on here is unreleased whereas to my knowledge pretty much everything pre IMAscore is online in high quality anyway.

Pre-listening!

I actually thought nothing could top the old Towers Street music for atmosphere and bringing back awesome memories every time I listened to it but then I heard the current one and fell in love with it. My favourite bits (from that link) are Track 3 and 5 (45 sec and 1:30 in)

When is the 'Tensions is Rising' played for fireworks? I was trying to work out whether it was from a specific show or the music before the fireworks start.

I honestly think New Towers St and The Heritage themes are the best in the park and better than their predecessors.

I would like to see less IMAScore and more original artists from the local area but hey, IMAScore don't make bad tunes so who am I to say.

I honestly think New Towers St and The Heritage themes are the best in the park and better than their predecessors.

I would like to see less IMAScore and more original artists from the local area but hey, IMAScore don't make bad tunes so who am I to say.
They have used Simon Allen for almost all the Scarefest mazes and Duel. Ok, a Towers employee and probably not the "local" you were thinking of!

When is the 'Tensions is Rising' played for fireworks? I was trying to work out whether it was from a specific show or the music before the fireworks start.

As @jon81uk has said, it was the pre-show soundtrack from the 2015 show, it had Sir Algenon doing his welcome speech over it - personally it's the track I'm most looking forward to listening to. It's the first five minutes of this video from 2015:

It was also part of the Rollercoaster Restaurant loop in 2018 and it appeared last year on the pathway outside Extraordinary Golf by the toilets too (along with the 2015 *and* 2018 fireworks finales). 2018's finale was also IMA so I'm surprised that hasn't appeared.

Last edited: