• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

Have they sponsored programmes in the past?
They used to sponsor Brainiac Science Abuse on Sky One. They were strange split screen comparisons between ad breaks, one was which is faster a guy eating a fry or Rita launching. Another had the tipping bucket at Cariba Creek split against something else.

Last edited:
Another had the tipping bucket at Cariba Creek split against something else.
I think it was a wet dog.

I miss those clips, so random but so good.

Brainiac could do with a return to TV. Things that make you go hmmm...

I've seen a few tweets about WWTP playing around Alton Towers at the moment, what's that all about?

Are they just playing songs that happen to also be on WWTPs playlist or is it the actual radio show complete with Big Bob?!

I've seen a few tweets about WWTP playing around Alton Towers at the moment, what's that all about?

Are they just playing songs that happen to also be on WWTPs playlist or is it the actual radio show complete with Big Bob?!
It’s just one or two songs which play on WWTP are also on the summer playlist at towers.

Not sure why it’s a shock as I’m sure they’ve been playing the last two summers

Hello

This spreadsheet (link) has been sitting in my downloaded files folder on my PC so apologies but I've no idea whos it is (sorry!)
Are these files actually available for download or is it just a list of files that have existed?

I'm particularly interested in quite a substantial amount of it so I'm hoping it's all available online somewhere and I've just missed it all? 🤞

Thanks!

Hello

This spreadsheet (link) has been sitting in my downloaded files folder on my PC so apologies but I've no idea whos it is (sorry!)
Are these files actually available for download or is it just a list of files that have existed?

I'm particularly interested in quite a substantial amount of it so I'm hoping it's all available online somewhere and I've just missed it all? 🤞

Thanks!
I've got some of that list, drop me a message for more info.

While listening to the superb Curse soundtrack while queueing at the weekend, I had an idea for some new merch: USB sticks themed and shaped to the rides and on each one is an MP3 file of that ride's soundtrack. The only real problematic one could be Rita as it has no real soundtrack of its own, but they could use the ambient Dark Forest music I guess.

Just seen this on YouTube, flying a drone over live, running coasters is not a good move. Have said so in the comments, I wonder if my comment will get removed?!

Breaches so many of the CAA's legal height and distance limits too, aside from the obvious trespass breaches. - https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/drone-code/where-you-can-fly

Any sort of filming on property that you don't own must always be undertaken with permission from the owner. I love the internet for the vast amount of insightful content it's given us. I hate the internet for the reward of views and cred over sensibilities. It's not clever journalism, or documenting, it's getting some cool shots at the expense of other people's health and safety, and another company's capital investments (without permission).

Breaches so many of the CAA's legal height and distance limits too, aside from the obvious trespass breaches. - https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/drone-code/where-you-can-fly

Any sort of filming on property that you don't own must always be undertaken with permission from the owner. I love the internet for the vast amount of insightful content it's given us. I hate the internet for the reward of views and cred over sensibilities. It's not clever journalism, or documenting, it's getting some cool shots at the expense of other people's health and safety, and another company's capital investments (without permission).

I don't condone this behaviour, not only because it is frowned upon for obvious reasons. It is not showing the enthusiast community in a good light to parks and attraction operators in my opinion.

That said, I cannot see what regulations he's broken and I am registered for the "Drone and Model Aircraft Registration and Education Service" (DAMARES) with the CAA. It appears all the regulations have been adhered to from what I can see with a partially trained eye. There are no real crowds, it's a very quiet day. Furthermore, he's way further than 50m from people. Even so, if he's under 250g, that's not an issue.

There is no trespassing what so ever either. They are not on Alton Towers' land. You have to be on the land the trespass, you cannot trespass from the sky. Exactly the same applies for the filming too. Alton Towers do not own or have any control over the airspace above the park, something that applies for the vast majority if not all civilian / public / private places here in the UK. Infact, unless there is a pre defined no fly zone set out, you can usually fly there. Something which is not above the Alton Towers estate and something the park would more than likely not be able to get. Alton Towers can ban you from taking off, landing and controlling a drone from within their land. They have absolutely no say or even a legal right to say anything about someone flying a drone over that has taken off, landed and been controlled from somewhere outside of the parks boundaries. When you see signs in a park saying no drones, they specifically refer to the legal remit the park operate in, as in the ban of taking off, landing and controlling a drone from within the park grounds. How good or bad these rules are is a debate for another time. But those are the rules and facts to how it stands now in the UK, irrelevant of if someone thinks they are right or wrong. Facts are facts.

That said, it is very important to point out that just because you can legally do something (as is the case here) it does not mean that you should. This being a good example in my opinion.

Flying while the park is open is fine, but I would draw the line at doing it over operating attractions, specfically coasters. The argument could be made the same could apply for light GA aviation. GA pilots are usually more comprehensively trained than your average drone operator, they fly much higher too, making it a very unfair comparison. It is unlikely a drone would fall on a coaster, but if it did, consequences could be severe and it would without a doubt result in major overhauls of the current rules and regs, not to forget potential serious injury.

Fly close, but not over them. Don't put people in situations where there is potential for totally avoidable risk of harm, with a tiny bit of compassion and common sense, you can get just as great shots being close to, but not over the rides.

Went slightly off topic here apologies, but it is important to clear up the legality of drone flying, there is alot of mis information out there. I don't know the person but he's essentially being accused of breaking the law across Youtube and what not, when in actual fact, he's done nothing wrong from a legal standpoint, he's just clearly videoed his passion, Alton Towers / Theme Parks. 😊

All that aside, from the air, Alton Towers does look spectacular, don't you think?

Last edited:
Hello

Thanks!
As far as I’m aware, that seems to be a list of things in circulation? What “rings” it’s circulating in though, I have no idea. 😂

However, it’s also not everything - there’s three main wickerman themes yes, but that doesn’t include any of the wicker man announcements, preshow FX and other tracks like station, Sonic Spinball stuff etc.

Who’s the original author of the spreadsheet? Can you see? I can’t see the info on my phone.

Idk if this is the right thread for this but does anyone know if the soundtracks for the invitation\daz games panic are anywhere?

Sharing for anyone else who didn't actually know this documentary even existed... ft a baby Nemesis.

Terror Technicians

Mid 90s documentary about the rivalry between Alton Towers and Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Featuring the design and building of Nemesis and The Big One. John Wardley and Geoffrey Thompson feature among other familiar faces.

This is an interesting one. This video talks about creating a time capsule with all the scents Towers have used from Aroma Prime since the 90s (The Haunted House was the first attraction to use scents from Aroma Prime). For me, what caught my eye was the final scene where the capsule is placed on a table in what looks like a museum of Towers memorabilia. Clearly it's not TPWW's shed, so does anyone know where that is in Towers? Seeing as there is old decorative coving in the room, it must be an old building. But where? If this is a new display, could it be something they're planning on opening up to the public?

1702070525461.png