• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Call of Duty Topic

Just played the new Zombies TranZit for the first time today - it's truly stunning. Absolutely huge, the detail is incredible and all the little things are done perfectly. I don't think even in a year's time I'll know half of that map's secrets!

I finally caved in and bought this the other day. I'm glad that Treyarch have taken the games in this direction, as it is a huge improvement over Modern Warfare 3.

I'm also really enjoying the campaign mode, from the multiple decisions you can make that affect the story (and also feel really natural, for the most part) to the N7-type side missions that you can take part in. It makes the single player something really special, not just for a Call of Duty game but any FPS game in general. The multiplayer is as inaccessible to me as ever, although the boot camp option is kinda handy.

AshleeKel said:
...Call of Duty 3, is terrible.

I have to admit that COD3 is my guilty pleasure :-[
It's nowhere near as good as the others but it was the last one to be released with 4 player online multiplayer. This to me is a crucial feature as I bought my Xbox so that I could play games sociably in my living room with friends rather than on my PC locked away in my room. With all the more recent COD games the only way to get the true experience is to play in a room by yourself with maybe a few friends on the other end of an internet connection. So while I enjoyed the later COD games (although I lost interest after Modern Warfare 2) I still go back to the 3rd instalment over any of the others.

Plus who doesn't like playing as a medic whose healing powers come from stabbing team mates with a syringe :p

I used to be a pretty big CoD fan. I still play it from time to time, merely as a time waster. It's good if you have an hour to burn but don't want to get too engrossed in something. But... for £40? Every year? No thanks.

Depressing, really. CoD 4 was incredible. WaW was okay. CoD:MW2 was amazing. Black Ops was good, but then I started to realise they were just selling map packs for £40 each year... Saw MW3 in the steam sale for £20 gave it a go, instantly regretted that decision and am very very VERY sceptical about BO2.

I've heard good things, but it's not enough. I have calculated that alone, the cod franchise has £260 of my money since CoD2. That's a stupid amount. And considering the game hasn't changed at all in recent years, it's disgusting. We haven't even seen an engine upgrade or anything, just declining quality of maps, and "personalisation" which has gone so overboard it's just ridiculous.

I'm going to stick with Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, Red Orchestra and Battlefield 3 for now thanks. Depressingly, these four games have probably given me more joy for a substantially less amount of money.

Annoyed.

BIG edit:

I recently purchased the game to give it a go. I figured, why not? And well, it's like CoD4. It brings back what was good about Call of Duty somehow and makes it fun again. The maps are well thought out, the weapons are fun, the perk system is good and the Zombie mode is particularly interesting! The game has changed enough to make it feel the same but also feel like the engine has been modified.

I cannot explain how this happened. I genuinely bought the game to see how it could have changed, and potentially pick holes in. You know what to expect from this game, fast arcade twitchyness so make of it what you will.

I personally felt bummed out and screwed over by them. But this, I don't know. I just like it!