• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Flume- Memories of a classic Towers ride

Southport had a real weird duff one away from the main rides on the seafront.
Logjammer???
Dippy knew it as well.

Southport had a real weird duff one away from the main rides on the seafront.
Logjammer???
Dippy knew it as well.
Gt Yarmouth has a quite unique three-drop special, with all three taking place on a central tower. Very compact too.

Log%2520Flume%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Looking back on old POV videos of the Flume from the early 2000's, forgot about the raw nature of them which has been lost nowadays with the well presented Vlog videos today. Oddly though, I do miss the days when chavs did POV videos of that nature, there was always something funny about them especially on the Flume in which a group of them are like 'Where's the duck?!' and the screaming that follows when it appears.

If the giant duck is still around, wonder how Towers will try to bring it back...having it on the revamped Duel would be scary TBH.

I never remember being a huge fan of The Flume when it operated; it was perfectly OK, but I remember it being extremely long and not overly wet.

I personally found Congo River Rapids the more fun of the park’s two water rides by some distance, and seeing as Wicker Man is in my top 5 coasters, I certainly think it was a more than worthwhile replacement!

Logger’s Leap at Thorpe, on the other hand… now that’s a log flume I loved! I’m sure Exodus will be a more than fitting replacement, however; it looks like it’ll be a great ride!

We often used to eat our butties going through the wooded bit on the flume.
Nice sit down and rest in the shade with the flask full of hot dogs.

This is a really good video for those who never got to ride the Flume as it shows you the full experience from entering the queue to leaving the exit path. This was shot 8 years so only a year or so before The Flume closed and you can really see how grotty it got! The trough was full of algae and the queue line looks quite messy. You can also see where they’d bodged repairs to the indoor section and also how the duck fails to operate when the boat goes past.

I also forgot how dated the buildings looked!

Do you guys think we'll ever get another flume like alton Towers again in this country? We seem to lack themed Flumes that interacted with the scenery here, so it'd be nice.

I agree with @BarryZola. If we have a new log flume, I think it’ll have lap bars of some description, and the drops will likely be more “coaster-y”, with steeper drop angles and possibly airtime hills on them. That’s the way log flumes seem to be moving.

I think the log flumes of old with no restraints and shallow drops pose a great H&S risk in this day and age and are arguably a tad old fashioned compared to what parks are building now.

Mack still have their Log flume (Same Model as The Flume and Dragon Falls) up on their website, so they still make them.

Besides, water coasters and the more advanced log Flume is a lot more costly than the traditional Log Flumes. The normal Flumes are perfect for smaller parks, but I just wish they had more theming on them, and that they weren't all themed to logs...

Ideally, to have Flume still here and have Wicker Man built somewhere else, you'd have to pretty much retrack Flume to the point it was almost a new ride and honestly I could not see Towers doing that if they had a straight choice between Flume and Nemesis, think we all know what was more preferable.

Still, a revamped Flume with a pirate theme would have been very welcomed nonetheless.