• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Flume- Memories of a classic Towers ride

Anyone who has a very large shed museum in their back garden might be interested in purchasing a Log Flume Bath Tub for just over £1k. Reasonable price?

Anyone who has a very large shed museum in their back garden might be interested in purchasing a Log Flume Bath Tub for just over £1k. Reasonable price?

I actually would buy that for over a grand. Chances are that I've been in that boat already. But then the seller is clearly trying to profit from stuff they've just bought online. And I'm a bit of a *@#£& as well. So no deal.

Well this was unexpected 😂😂

Well, props for shipment innovation

Out of genuine curiousity, why haven't Alton Towers built a proper replacement for The Flume? It has been a very long time since The Flume got removed and nothing similar has replaced it yet.

I don't mean Wickerman, I mean a water ride such as a Water Coaster, Flume or a Shoot the Chute? 🤔

Out of genuine curiousity, why haven't Alton Towers built a proper replacement for The Flume? It has been a very long time since The Flume got removed and nothing similar has replaced it yet.

I don't mean Wickerman, I mean a water ride such as a Water Coaster, Flume or a Shoot the Chute? 🤔
To be honest, I don't know. Maybe because they want most of their water rides to be in the hotel? Although, maybe they simply don't want another water ride, as we don't know what will happen to thunder river rapids when it reaches the end of its service life.

Anyway, lets keeps this topic on track before admins appear!
I'm sad, I never got to ride the flume before it closed. Kinda wish I could of though...

To be honest, I don't know. Maybe because they want most of their water rides to be in the hotel? Although, maybe they simply don't want another water ride, as we don't know what will happen to thunder river rapids when it reaches the end of its service life.

Anyway, lets keeps this topic on track before admins appear!
I'm sad, I never got to ride the flume before it closed. Kinda wish I could of though...
Probably a good idea to keep it on topic although thought it was on topic (probably it's own topic in itself) 😂 I'm quite new to the forums so am getting my bearings.

I personally think it's a similar situation as the flat rides where there is relucantace to invest in anything other than rollercoasters over the last few years until recently.

I would've loved to ride the Flume whilst it was still running. It seemed to be a pretty fun ride 🤔

Also worth bearing in mind that rides which get you drenched are only really popular on hot dry days. I remember even during spooktacular/fireworks when the park was packed The Flume would normally be walk on or a very short queue.

They don't really make much sense as an investment in a park which perennially claims to have aspirations of being a year-round attraction.

Also worth bearing in mind that rides which get you drenched are only really popular on hot dry days. I remember even during spooktacular/fireworks when the park was packed The Flume would normally be walk on or a very short queue.

They don't really make much sense as an investment in a park which perennially claims to have aspirations of being a year-round attraction.
I do somewhat agree although at the same time, I'd say the likes of Phantasialand, Europa Park and even Efteling seems to run year round and have water rides that run most of the time.

I've heard that Phantasialand even run Chiapas at Christmas.

I'm sure it would still be worthwhile if the park chose to look into something like a Flume or a Water Coaster. Not all attractions at a year round park needs to be year round per say and I've heard some of the more modern water rides including water coasters and flumes can adjust the wetness based on when in the season it is.

Personally, this is exactly what both Thorpe Park and Alton Towers have been missing since 2016. The last pieces of the puzzle I'd say 🧩