• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Furius Baco Hatred Thread

Just returned from the park and after riding this 2 years ago I decided to refresh my memory, we had an express pass 'luckily' as the queue all week had been 2 hours plus! Anyway, it is beyond awful, from the launch through the figure 8 to the inversion to the brake run it is torture, I am sure I ended up with concussion as I failed to ride anything after this, it spoilt my day and I had the worse headache, why don't Portaventura realise it's that bad? Presumably as people still queue 2 hours to ride it !!!

If you think it's bad normally, try riding it first thing in the morning with a splitting sangria hangover.

Not completely related to baco, but it works here:

how tall do you have to be to avoid hitting your head of intamin restraints? When your 151cm tall, bearable juddering becomes beyond painful smashing of your head and face.

When you get to about 165-170cm tall the smashing tends to stop.
Not completely related to baco, but it works here:

how tall do you have to be to avoid hitting your head of intamin restraints? When your 151cm tall, bearable juddering becomes beyond painful smashing of your head and face.

I’m currently at PA for the first time waiting for Ferrari Land to open and I went on FB earlier in the day. I found it so bad I thought I was going to get detached retinas and some internal bleeding to boot.
I don’t mind rough rides but this shocked me so much I had to google it and found this thread.
I thought Stampida was also bad. Unfortunately (though prior to boarding each I was thrilled) I got back rows for each of them.
It’s a shame because the concept of the ride is fantastic.

Back row is pretty awful on it I must agree, even more so on an outer seat. Front row is a lot more comfortable and you really get to appreciate the launch and terrain usage. So I find it very dependent on where you sit, which in all honestly should never be the case on a modern rollercoaster.

Back row is pretty awful on it I must agree, even more so on an outer seat. Front row is a lot more comfortable and you really get to appreciate the launch and terrain usage. So I find it very dependent on where you sit, which in all honestly should never be the case on a modern rollercoaster.

Let’s be honest front row is still terrible, it’s just less traumatic than every other row.

This is going to sound weird, but Furius Baco is one of those rides where even though the reviews are generally terrible, I kind of want to ride it just to see how bad it is…

Let’s be honest front row is still terrible, it’s just less traumatic than every other row.
You are right I guess 😂 but I do think iff people have only judged it by back row it’s worth a go in the front because it is considerably less terrible. It’s definitely just a once per visit ride for me unless I have the same amount of painkillers as a pharmacy.

I'm visiting in 4 weeks and unless the queue is small enough I don't think I will even bother with it tbh.

I'd prefer spending that 30 mins to 1hr on one of the better rides at the park

You are right I guess 😂 but I do think iff people have only judged it by back row it’s worth a go in the front because it is considerably less terrible.

Like losing a finger instead of the whole hand.

This is going to sound weird, but Furius Baco is one of those rides where even though the reviews are generally terrible, I kind of want to ride it just to see how bad it is…

I'm still annoyed Son of Beast closed shortly before I was due to visit. The morbid curiosity angle is understandable though, especially if you think "surely it can't be THAT bad?"

Unfortunately, it really is.

I'm visiting in 4 weeks and unless the queue is small enough I don't think I will even bother with it tbh.

I'd prefer spending that 30 mins to 1hr on one of the better rides at the park

It has a cracking launch so at least 1.8 seconds of the ride are fun.

If it does have a short queue and unless you enjoy pain try and get as far forward as possible, and if you are riding with someone you particularly dislike give them the outside seat.

I’m currently at PA for the first time waiting for Ferrari Land to open and I went on FB earlier in the day. I found it so bad I thought I was going to get detached retinas and some internal bleeding to boot.
I don’t mind rough rides but this shocked me so much I had to google it and found this thread.
I thought Stampida was also bad. Unfortunately (though prior to boarding each I was thrilled) I got back rows for each of them.
It’s a shame because the concept of the ride is fantastic.
Im here today on my first visit too. I did it and got front row for me first ever ride. Omg it was utterly horrific so I can’t even imagine what the back is like if the front is the least bad. I was on an outside seat but still. If u look at the centre of the train its pulling itself forward and back as it goes round! Dunno if I will do it again tbh, it hurt me that much.

Man I'm pumped for this now in a couple of weeks time. I'm the kind of guy who appreciates a rear wheel seat on Grand National, which is my favourite UK woodie. I'll ride Saw numerous times on a visit to Thorpe, I love the thing, embracing the shoulder and chest bruises on the way home. I came off Joris before the retrack work was done with a pain in my hip and knee last year and still went back for more.

But reading some of this, I think I've met my match here. I hate that style Intamin restraint and I'm cool with jolts and poor profiling, but constant vibrations rattle my bones and give me headaches. So it's quite sick that I'm actually looking forward to being tortured on Baco. I'll get back to you all!

It’s the way it has an awesome launch, then violently shakes your whole body around whilst simultaneously clamping the restraint tighter and tighter into your lap, before throwing you upside down to make sure all circulation to your legs is properly cut off, before going around that pretty corner over the lake that doesn’t hurt at all so it looks like everyone is having fun at that point…

I’m NEVER one to complain about rollercoasters being rough, but… jeez…

This isn’t the tavern so need to be careful with this but it’s like riding a giant “rabbit” so to say. But the launch is worth it alone I say. Just brace yourself for the rest of the layout and mostly the transition into the brake run.

The difference between an inside and outside seat is crazy.

I mean they're both bad but the outer seats are genuinely disgusting.

Always worth a go though because of how good the launch is.