• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Future of Events at the Resort

Your description sounds very similar to the Aquanura show at Efteling which could be a good fit for Alton Towers.

Noise could well be an issue though if this would be a daily show.

Your description sounds very similar to the Aquanura show at Efteling which could be a good fit for Alton Towers.

Noise could well be an issue though if this would be a daily show.

I hadn't heard of this show but yeah, something like that would be a great fit for the park I feel. The area surrounding the lake would become an entertainment hub of sorts, with the stage show, seating area, roaming entertainers and the fountain show. I can't imagine it's a cheap investment, but I think it could really add a bit of magic to the park.

I think they should have a event like a light and sound event to end the summer months. Instead of just having the lights and lasers on the 1 side of the lake have them all around.

Sounds similar to the Son et Lumière shows in France; they project coloured lights and images onto castles and other historic buildings. Could work well using the Towers as a backdrop. Probably a lot less expensive and disruptive to locals than a firework show tbh

A daily fountain show at ride close (or 15 minutes after) would be great for the park, would encourage people to stay til the end (increasing secondary spend) and hopefully give everyone a great memory/show to leave on. I loved Aquanura at Efteling even though I spent 8 hours at the park getting soaked in the rain that day. Plus they could easily have different overlays/tracks/programmes for events like Mardi Gras, oktoberfest, scare fest, and any Christmas events.

Aquanora style show would be great on the lakes. The only issue I feel is they would have to pave over half the lawns around the lake. Otherwise it would be a permanent mud bath if people stand to watch it each day. I guess as well they would have to make the lake more clean and filtered to keep the fountains working well, so it’s probably quite a large investment to make.

If they’re wanting to move to a more resort feel, I do think a Water show would be a fantastic way to go about it . Does anyone know if the lawns themselves are protected, or could some sympathetic and permanent landscaping be allowed ? I’m thinking like the standing viewing areas of DLR Fantasmic