• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The great 'soda' debate

The big con right now is Coke reducing all their bottle sizes quite significantly but leaving their prices the same. Cheeky buggers.
They didn't - the price went down with the bottle size. Not by much but it's not the same price.

I absolutely love American Mountain Dew. Every time I go to the USA, it's virtually all I drink. It's terrible for your health, but it's so much better than the stuff we have over here ; it's like night and day.

Another US soft drink which I would love to see widespread over here is root beer. As I live in London I have (fairly) easy access to it, but I would love to see it sold elsewhere. In terms of big brands, I think the nicest is probably Mug.

Special mention goes to Mezzo Mix. The first time I had it I just though 'meh, orange coke', but now I have a bit more of a craving for it.

Reactions: Dar
Mezzo Mix is crap, just a tasteless mix of Coke and Fanta that has no distinguishable flavour. It's the fact that it doesn't taste like anything that makes it awful.

Mezzo Mix is crap, just a tasteless mix of Coke and Fanta that has no distinguishable flavour. It's the fact that it doesn't taste like anything that makes it awful.
How dare you! I'll have you know that mezzo mix is the drink of the gods! :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I think my favourite 'foreign' soda has to be Grape Fanta. When my dad and I were in Japan twelve years ago, we were always stopping at the vending machines they seem to have on every street. The only drink we could identify at the time was Fanta...and it was purple.

So it's become a bit of thing for us. I've tried some of the other brands but nothing beats Grape Fanta. I even wonder if the Japanese versions was different from the American one! One day I'll have to go to great expense to import some and find out.

I remember Tab Clear - felt very wrong, a drink that looked like lemonade but tasted of coke! Almost as wrong as black vodka turning my vodka, lime and lemonade black!