• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The harsh truth...

Things to do outside of Towers...
Walk to the chained oak, try to hunt out King Ina's Rocks, pub crawl round Alton Village, walk along the old Churnet Valley railway line to Fisherman's(?) Retreat, or the shopping place near Denstone.
Loads to do BelongstotheSmiler!

Where is the chained oak? Tried poorly to find it last year and failed misersbly...

Where is the chained oak? Tried poorly to find it last year and failed misersbly...
There is a pathway next to the Chained Oak B&B (opposite a lay-by in Alton). Walk down that path into the woods and it's on your right. It's about a 5-10 minute walk. You really can't miss it. :p

Leaving the resort today and looked like a ghost town splash landings closed no one around hotel and numerous signs advertising rooms at new Cbeebies hotel (so those rooms must be selling fast!!) Perhaps with rooms at travel lodge premier Inn and holiday Inn around £60 to £80 why will anyone pay over £180?even after MAP discount especially in this economic climate

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Things to do outside of Towers...
Walk to the chained oak, try to hunt out King Ina's Rocks, pub crawl round Alton Village, walk along the old Churnet Valley railway line to Fisherman's(?) Retreat, or the shopping place near Denstone.
Loads to do BelongstotheSmiler!

I am not saying there is absolutely nothing to do but it is limited and walking is not really my idea of fun when i've been up since 6am done a 3 hour journey to the towers and then walked around all day queueing up in long, terrible queues and I want to relax. After park close I just want somewhere to be able to sit and soak up the atmosphere reflecting on the day have a few drinks and some food.

Best place I used to find was sat at the rear of ATH with a cold beer in the sunshine with my feet up thinking about the fab day I have had.

...... however, thats now been wrecked by the monstrosity which is Cbeebies hotel they have built there.