• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

I've been working on a project to totally rebuild my flight sim. Over the years I've aquired loads of gizmos and controlers, but they have always been bodged on to my desk somehow. It is time to build a proper cockpit!

I'm working on a 1:1 scale replica of a Beechcraft Baron 58's cockpit. It's stretching my woodwork skills to the limit, and taking ages (having to fit it around boring houshold DIY and life). But so far, I'm chuffed with what I've done. Managed to build the table that the instrument panel will bolt to, and - I cannot stress this enough - it is perfectly level!!! Seriously, I've never built anything that wasn't slightly on the wonk before. You have no idea how much this means to someone with my woodwork skills.

I will at some point (thinking of starting a generic "lookit what I made!" thread). Of course, I'll have to find a new hosting site that isn't photobucket....

Im buying a house :D so very happy

Well done, keep up with the payments and you'll never regret it, it will be the best investment that you ever do. I first bought my first house at a young age of 19 yrs, back then it cost me around £45,000.

I then sold my first house for around the same price as I purchased it. Back then, house prices had fallen and were just beginning to rise again. I purchased my second house for around £39,000. I did that one up and 11 years ago I sold it for around £110,000 which I used to pay off my mortgage and also purchased my current bungalow, mortgage free (paid with cash) for around £75,000 :)

After surviving the Friday night chaos that was the A5 and M6 (accidents everywhere :() I've finally made it to Legoland for the first time.

It's probably not a big deal to most people, however I still remember the first time I saw Legoland. It was a hand drawn advertisment of the boating school in the Beano and I immediately wanted to go. I have no idea why it took 21 years to get here but exciting times :)

After surviving the Friday night chaos that was the A5 and M6 (accidents everywhere :() I've finally made it to Legoland for the first time.

It's probably not a big deal to most people, however I still remember the first time I saw Legoland. It was a hand drawn advertisment of the boating school in the Beano and I immediately wanted to go. I have no idea why it took 21 years to get here but exciting times :)
I feel you :( I have been wanting to go to any of the London parks since I was 6-7...ish?...now I feel sad.

I feel you :( I have been wanting to go to any of the London parks since I was 6-7...ish?...now I feel sad.

You'll get there one day :)

In a rush to travel I've neglected parks on my own doorstep, yet travelled further afield to do others.

You'll get there one day :)

In a rush to travel I've neglected parks on my own doorstep, yet travelled further afield to do others.
Look up Sundown adventure land in retford, genuinely some of THE best theming in the uk!

Hell I went there last year, I arrived at 12:00 and spent 2 hours in the western themed area without realising it, it was THAT immersive!

I've got three weeks off work. :D I'm going to EP in three days, Fireworks is in two weeks' time (blimey, that's come around quick), and I'm spending my birthday weekend in London doing all sorts of things. Oh, and I'm FINALLY going to be visiting Scotland next year. Can't wait!

I've got quite a few reasons to be happy at the minute.

1) Last week, I finally bought my first car. :D A really nice 59-plate Ford Fiesta.
23517481_10215377332933664_8479752740390056645_n.jpg

I settled on a name for the car way before purchase, but it still feels right. He's called Franz. Take a guess as to where that name came from. ;)

2) Two weeks ago, I went to London and saw the Book of Mormon on my birthday. Honestly haven't laughed at a show so much for a very long time. Absolutely brilliant, and well worth the lengthy time I spent waiting to see it. Can't recommend it enough. If you've not heard of it, then it's a musical written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, famous as the creators of South Park. That alone says it all. :p The day after that, I went on a fascinating tour of the disused Down Street tube station, used in World War Two by the Railway Executive Committee to run Britain's railways. It's amazing to see how on earth they managed to pack so much into such a limited space, especially at platform level.

3) The day after Down Street, I did something which I've wanted to do for quite a long time. Along with @Mike and a friend of his from Bedford, the three of us attempted the Tube Challenge. This is basically an attempt to visit all the stations on the London Underground network in one service day. In order for a station to count, the train merely has to stop there. You don't have to get off the train at each one. There are currently 270 stations on the network, which is a lot. We gave ourselves the additional challenge of doing it on a Sunday, when service frequencies are lower than they are during the week, and the trains start later and finish earlier. We ended up doing it on a weekend when there were no engineering works on the Tube network, nor on the mainlines we'd likely end up using, which was incredibly helpful. This might've been something to do with the day we were doing it being Remembrance Sunday, but we weren't exactly complaining! Our original plan forecast a total of 269 stations to be visited, which was a bit annoying, but we'd built quite a bit of slack into it to account for any issues. We managed to visit a total of 267 stations. Missing out on just three is frustrating, but it's still a phenomenal achievement, and I'm incredibly proud of what we did. I definitely underestimated the amount of physical effort it was going to take to run between various points, be it another station or a bus stop. Or even to a shop to quickly grab some food. :p We think we might've got the record for most stations visited on a Sunday, which is great! We also took it as an opportunity to raise some money for charity, choosing to split all money raised between Great Ormond Street Hospital and Marie Curie Cancer Care. If I've worked this out right, we should've hit our target of £500 by the time everything's paid in. :) There's just one thing, though. I want to do it again. I want to hit all the stations in one day. First thing of all, though, is that I need to get fitter and lose some weight. Back to the gym it is, then! :p

4) This next one is a really, really big thing for me. A couple of weeks ago, I met up with someone from another church in Congleton for coffee, as we do every so often, though I actually initiated this meeting for once. To cut a long story short, I did something I wasn't even planning on doing when I walked into Costa that morning. I've always hated questions about relationships and my love life, especially from church people, for reasons which I'm sure most of you will understand. When it came up this time, something inside me snapped, and I couldn't hide it any longer. I...came out to him. In the seconds after, I was absolutely terrified. I honestly thought I was going to hyperventilate or have a panic attack or something, though that thankfully didn't happen. Would've been incredibly embarrassing otherwise, and a little awkward to explain to my parents about what on earth happened. I'd never come out to anyone linked to any of Congleton's churches before, so I was really concerned about the reaction I was going to get. It all went so much better than I'd expected it to. No condemnation. No mention of 'gay cure' therapy. No mention of 'praying the gay away'. Just support. Only thing we did disagree on was the subject of gay marriage, but we've agreed to respectfully disagree on that point. After we went our separate ways, I set off home on foot, with my headphones in and music on, taking a slightly longer walk than usual to try and calm myself down. I was still shaking for a good ten minutes of walking! I'm still grateful that my parents weren't at home when I got back. Meant I could calm down on my own and avoid any awkward questions from my parents. Met up with this guy again on Tuesday. We'd normally leave a month or two between meetings, but I think we both recognised there was stuff we needed to talk about that we didn't get chance to go over from our previous meeting. In this second meeting, I was so much more relaxed than I had been previously, and strangely, I've been feeling a lot happier since! I'll admit the past couple of weeks have been a bit of a rough ride for me due to my head trying to get around what I've done, but I think I've finally managed it. For now, at least. Still got the issue of coming out to my parents, mind, but I'm feeling a little bit more optimistic about what their reaction may be now.

As I said when we picked you up from Chesham, doesn't matter how many stations you did manage, 3 short is still a fail mate.
;)