• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Eeeek! Welcome back and glad you are on the mend.

We've had 2 close to home with varying degrees of recovery. Sounds like you got treated quickly and well :) That and you must be a tough cookie!

Don't strain yourself too quickly, Octonauts and Postman Pat until you've built yourself back up :p

Thank you, I also had Blackpool booked for next month (also scarefest and fireworks at Alton at the end of the season) so these would have either been very difficult visits or I would have to had cancelled them.

Now I can go and experience Icon for the first time and enjoy all my visits to the full :)

Welcome back @RoyJess!

I got a payrise which has made me very happy, being in the job only 9 months I have been told that I am progressing really well and they are happy with the suggested changes to the front end of the software I am helping to develop :D

Must admit, even after all these years working in telly, meeting the great JW on Thirteen's opening day was one of only two times in my life I have ever fanboyed.
Of course, like 98% of "celebrities" people in the public eye, he turns out to be a very humble, down to Earth guy, just lucky enough to be doing a job he loves.

Glad to hear he's still hanging around the park. I think seeing the state of the place would reduce me to tears if I was him.

I've had a great few days celebrating my birthday in London. Managed to throw in a nice day trip to Bognor Regis to see my brother and his family in their new surroundings, too. The main point of this post, however, is this.

On Saturday (my actual 26th birthday), @Mike and I attempted the Tube Challenge, raising money for Great Ormond Street Hospital and the Samaritans. For those who don't know, this is a challenge to visit all 270 stations on the London Underground in one day. The amount of planning that went into it was insane. We attempted it last year, but were unsuccessful, missing out on only three stations (Watford, Croxley and Amersham). It was touch and go this year, mainly thanks to the District line breaking at Earl's Court when we needed it, but...WE COMPLETED IT!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D When stepping off our final train at Heathrow Terminal 5, I honestly felt a sense of relief more than anything else. It had been a VERY long day, waking up at 03:40 with the first train from Chesham at 05:12, and not finishing until 00:30, but it was definitely worth it. Thanks for any support any of you gave us - it's very much appreciated. :) I don't think either of us wants to go on a Tube train again for a very long time. :p

Congratulations! That sounds brutal and a little different to most fund raising activities and for 2 very worthy causes too.

Ps happy belated birthday.

I've had a great few days celebrating my birthday in London. Managed to throw in a nice day trip to Bognor Regis to see my brother and his family in their new surroundings, too. The main point of this post, however, is this.

On Saturday (my actual 26th birthday), @Mike and I attempted the Tube Challenge, raising money for Great Ormond Street Hospital and the Samaritans. For those who don't know, this is a challenge to visit all 270 stations on the London Underground in one day. The amount of planning that went into it was insane. We attempted it last year, but were unsuccessful, missing out on only three stations (Watford, Croxley and Amersham). It was touch and go this year, mainly thanks to the District line breaking at Earl's Court when we needed it, but...WE COMPLETED IT!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D When stepping off our final train at Heathrow Terminal 5, I honestly felt a sense of relief more than anything else. It had been a VERY long day, waking up at 03:40 with the first train from Chesham at 05:12, and not finishing until 00:30, but it was definitely worth it. Thanks for any support any of you gave us - it's very much appreciated. :) I don't think either of us wants to go on a Tube train again for a very long time. :p
That's awesome! If you don't mind I'd love to see what route you took.

Now you need to see if you can do the same on the NYC Subway :p

That's awesome! If you don't mind I'd love to see what route you took.

Now you need to see if you can do the same on the NYC Subway :p
Yeah...We've decided against doing the NYC Subway, as that'd just be completely insane. :p

Congrats and happy birthday Jonathan! :)